What did you do in your garden today?

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Needed sweet potato flour for Mom so hit up one of the asian groceries over in Tacoma. Figured I'd snap a few pictures because we were talking about yams and sweet potatos before.

Yucca
View attachment 20426

Taro
View attachment 20425

Yam
View attachment 20427

Sweet potatoes
View attachment 20428

Taro is pretty versatile. I haven't had much yucca or yam.
Yucca is amazing. Make sure not to get the ones with lots of fibers because they are hard to eat pulling the strings,lol Cubans eat them almost every day. I can just boiled with water and salt or crate it, put a bit of salt, make a small tortilla and fry it. It is so good. I love to put butter too. I grew up with lots of root food. We call them vianda and they are mainly grown like potatoes,sweet potatoes and carrots.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yucca is amazing. Make sure not to get the ones with lots of fibers because they are hard to eat pulling the strings,lol Cubans eat them almost every day. I can just boiled with water and salt or crate it, put a bit of salt, make a small tortilla and fry it. It is so good. I love to put butter too. I grew up with lots of root food. We call them vianda and they are mainly grown like potatoes,sweet potatoes and carrots.
I need to get out more, I reckon.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My wife has 16 1/2 pints of sweet potato butter in the pressure canner. Not a sweet bomb, sweetened to taste with honey. She had me sample to make sure it had enough honey, which it did.

Crockpot sweet potato butter, smelled so good cooking all night long. I had strange dreams of eating in a country kitchens across this beautiful country last night 😂
IMG_20220926_121848883~2.jpg

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My wife has 16 1/2 pints of sweet potato butter in the pressure canner. Not a sweet bomb, sweetened to taste with honey. She had me sample to make sure it had enough honey, which it did.

Crockpot sweet potato butter, smelled so good cooking all night long. I had strange dreams of eating in a country kitchens across this beautiful country last night 😂
View attachment 20439

Never thought of that but for me, I will take that as mash potato gray, OMG 😲
Not much here. All nice this morning, got perked up, began tilling the tomatoes and puff, out of the blue, rain.
Then it cleared up so put washer to wash, did my video appointment and opened washer to take clothes outside to dry and puff, began raining. Got nice, went to Muskegon, that town, picked up some yarn to do beanies for shelters and homeless. Thought, had some time to go back to garden, start tiller and guess what? Yeap, puff,began raining. Seems like my day went as puff the dragon,lol Just back from North Muskegon that found 4x5x1inch thick rubber mats. I can use those for the quackies. Have been posting about rouen Drakes but seems like I will have to cull them. According to some info, they should start trying to mate by December or so. I only have 6 hens which is not enough for 6 Drakes. Not sure if I want to eat them after the bad experwith the chickens. Will see!

Latest posts