What did you do to MAKE money today?

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
BarredBuff said:
I set eggs in the incubator to sell pullets :D
YAY!!!!!! Today is hatch #2 for me :D
:) It wouldn't pay for me to here, because folks here won't raise them. I raise them up to about a month old and sell the girls and keep the roos

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Last hatch i sold at day olds. I did pretty good on them too. I will raise this batch to sell as started birds this Spring. Will keep the roos too, and slaughter in the Spring for our freezer :drool

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I'm doing Swagbucks like CRAZY to get a few things for the garden. Free money is fine with me, and I can play the videos and earn points while I'm on here :p I need a couple hundred bucks...that will take a few months, so necessities are coming first, then wanted items. I needs a weed burner torch :D

Emerald

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hubs and I decided to make a "only the necessary" week. instead of getting groceries every week this month we picked this week(we tend to shop on sunday) to only buy necessary stuff like milk and cheese and a few other things that are needed fresh each week and to clear out the freezer and fridge and see if we can save some money to pay down bills. We spent less than $40 (forgot we needed cat food and chicken food). I do have powdered milk in my pantry and will be going back to making all of my bread stuffs again. Having some medical stuff and the family getting the heebyjeebies during the last month kinda made me lazy.
OH normally we spend anywhere from $75 to $100 a week on groceries. It is silly that we buy so much each week cuz with my pantry/freezer/canning I could probably feed us quite well for three to four months before things got a bit boring. :D

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have been doing more of that too, Emerald. My "New Year's Resolution" (although I don't ever make resolutions :p) is to eat more from the pantry, especially the freezer. I have ordered half a pig, which will be ready in April, and I need to make room for it! Also, just having the food is no good, if I don't use it as well.

Emerald

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have so much pasta put back ( I rotate thru it) that I just made corkscrew noodles with my own canned tomato sauce for the grand kids and some of the meatballs that I had in the freezer.. must have been good they both ate two helpings.. and you know how fussy 1 and 4 year olds can be..

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Swagbucks and DH hauled steel before the sleet started since he didn't get to work today :)