What did you do to MAKE money today?

ChickenPotPie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
"A penny saved is a penny earned" - Benjamin Franklin

I haven't spent anything today (yet) so I guess I've earned. :)

Earlier this month, though, the kids and I made a cull list. We wrote down all the animals we could do without, so we could decrease our chore time. I listed the superfluous animals (mostly small chickens) on Craigslist for very little because we wanted them gone fast.

Most of those animals were gone within 24 hours. The last were gone about a week later. In total, we earned about $282. $80 of that came from a pair of rabbits and $100 came from a pair of ducks. Not bad.

From making these sales, I received 15 cockerels to grow out for our dinner table. A lady I sold to had tried to sell her cockerels on CL but was afraid those responding actually wanted them for cock fighting. She preferred they meet a humane end so she gave them to me for free. I'm only going to let them go through 2 bags of feed before processing. Money earned. :)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Took me almost an hour longer to do the stalls than it did on Friday, so that's extra money.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Postin some more items on CL today. Going to rip apart some scrap metal stuff to recycle and reuse today too. Is copper up? anybody know? May wait till midsummer when the price shoots up but sure could use some cash right now...

lighthawk

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Just checked Copper this AM. $4.42 per lb.
Edit to add. 2:52 pm $4.51 moving up fast might want to wait a few days before recycling

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Sold a dozen eggs! Had a chat with the ladies about cranking out 5 today and tomorrow so I can get in 2 orders this week instead of 1.

Yesterday I only ate twice so I'd have more eggs to sell. Sounds weird but I have nothing to eat atm BUT eggs.

Oh!! Selling Pampered Chef catalogs, don't know how much ill make there though.

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
tortoise said:
How much do you guys get for a doz. eggs?
I sold a doz to my coworker for $6, my boss paid me $6/doz and a half because TJs sells free range, veg fed, organic for $4.