What did you do to MAKE money today?

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Up-the-Creek said:
I sold a pile of books on Ebay today,...turned right around and spent it on buying more chickens,....:rolleyes: That is an investment,..right????? :p
Eggs and meat you don't have to buy :)

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Today,... I sold some vintage car parts of DH's on Ebay (yes,he knows :D ),...that is going to the pig fund! The pen is almost ready! :clap

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I'm more tryin to SPEND some money today..SHHHHHHHH!!! :hide

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thought I posted this.

I got webmaster and social media person for a non prof here in town, volunteer, but its good for a resume.

Should get the second webmaster job for a mechanics shop.

Got a third webmaster job for a HUGE business that deals with NASA, armed forces and govt.

I taught myself graphics and webpage making when I was a young teen playing Horseland and Whiteoaks Stables :p lol.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Today I started cashing in on a decision I made over 3 weeks ago. My eggs got ahead of my customers and so I said to my self,"When life hands you lemons, you make lemon-merange pie," so I took 8 dozen eggs and loaded them in the incubator to satisfy a different type of customer....one that pays more than egg customers.
Well the results are that all 8 dozen eggs would have only given me an income potential of 24 dollars, but I could sell just a dozen chicks and cancel out that amount of money.
We had a few days that the temp fluctuated too much, but we hatched out about 60 chicks so far and today I put a poster over my egg sign saying,"Chick Sale" and went to church. When I returned, I learned that my husband and son sold 3 broilers and 20 chicks.....70 bucks. Not bad. I have already justified putting the eggs to incubate.
I hope to sell all my chicks in the next few days and then have an Easter hatch.

kitchwitch

Power Conserver
Reaction score
rhoda_bruce said:
Today I started cashing in on a decision I made over 3 weeks ago. My eggs got ahead of my customers and so I said to my self,"When life hands you lemons, you make lemon-merange pie," so I took 8 dozen eggs and loaded them in the incubator to satisfy a different type of customer....one that pays more than egg customers.
Well the results are that all 8 dozen eggs would have only given me an income potential of 24 dollars, but I could sell just a dozen chicks and cancel out that amount of money.
We had a few days that the temp fluctuated too much, but we hatched out about 60 chicks so far and today I put a poster over my egg sign saying,"Chick Sale" and went to church. When I returned, I learned that my husband and son sold 3 broilers and 20 chicks.....70 bucks. Not bad. I have already justified putting the eggs to incubate.
I hope to sell all my chicks in the next few days and then have an Easter hatch.
Love this!

My girls are 2 so they're not laying a lot anymore and my pullets should be laying in a few weeks and I hope once they start I'll have enough to sell. I'm getting my ducks on Monday, so hopefully by fall I can start selling duck eggs then maybe next spring I'll have baby ducklings to sell.

This year I'll be selling started veg plants, french angoras (assuming my does have been bred, I'll find out in 2 weeks), and handspun yarn.

I might also be getting a job hand spinning for a local fiber farm :fl

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
Yesterday DH sold a project truck he no longer needed. He used the money to buy a Ruger .22/45 pistol and had money left over.

Today I took some knitted/felted coffee sweaters/cozies to the local coffee shop so she can put them on consignment.

BarefootMom

Power Conserver
Reaction score
listed some coupons on ebay and sold some eggs.

The coupons don't make a ton of money, in return I buy coupons to save us money. So it all works out. :)

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well more chicks hatched out after my last post. 65 in all and I only have 17 left to sell, so I put 14 dozen eggs in the incubator last night to keep up the higher income level.
I ordered 4 different breeds of chickens to mix with my RIR rooster to have sex-link projects next year to increase my sales too.
I expect one of my bartering customers to show up today with produce and at the rate I'm going I think by nightfall, I will have to remove my 'Chick Sale' sign and just sell eggs for 3 weeks. That will be nice, because I still have most of my sack of starter grower, I can use for the next hatch or two.

lighthawk

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Sold three dozen eggs in town today. Made $8.00. Well kinda. Stopped at the feed store on the way home and spent $15.00 for 50 lbs of layer crumbles. :th