What did you do to MAKE money today?

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Started doing surveys on www.mturk.com a survey website run through Amazon. These surveys range in time frame, but they all pay something, from a few cents, to up to several dollars. Many of them are university studies being conducted by students for various reasons. The friend that turned me onto it commits herself to doing $5.00 per day, which amounts to $25.00 per week, which is $100.00 per month extra. You can either take it as an amazon credit, or I believe they'll pay directly to a bank account if you prefer.
This week, just doing a little bit each day, I've earned more than $16.00.
I figure I can use this as fun money... or if I stick with it, I can earn money and use it to purchase Christmas presents for the family, so I don't have to worry about accounting for that money when the holidays roll around.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've got an order for as many hatching eggs I can gather in a week from two of my breeds of chickens. I'll get $30 a dozen and it looks like i'm going to have at least 5 dozen. I should make at least $150.00! That'll buy some chicken feed!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I sold a couple hundred bucks worth of laying hens yesterday. :)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I delivered hatching eggs today and made $150! (but I've already spent it on hatching eggs from a different breed)

hqueen13

Reaction score
I'm up to $30.00 in my mturk.com account, and I've got 8 other surveys pending payment! :weee
Now to decide what to buy with my credit...?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sold a goat today. That makes 4 in the last two days, 4 more a couple weeks ago, and 2 a couple months before that. Ten less mouths to feed!

hqueen13

Reaction score
Delivered our 3rd custom built hay feeder for horses yesterday. One more order to complete... now if we can keep the orders coming in....

raro

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hqueen,thank you so much for mentioning mturk. I had never heard of it until you mentioned it. I signed up to do it, and although it's not much money, I've been doing it with my 12-year-old son, and we have a deal where he gets most of the money. He is thrilled to have a way to earn money. So thanks for helping me help my son learn about earning his own money! :)

hqueen13

Reaction score
@raro You're welcome! Since I don't have internet here it has allowed me down a lot. Make sure you click on hits available to me and then sort from highest to lowest, that will make sure you get the most out of your time. Some of the surveys are really neat and the more you do The more becomes available.

I worked in the office today to make up for the missed snow day last week and it was a great day too have an office job. It poured most of the middle of the day.
New horse arrived in the barn Wednesday so I've got one boarder again. I've got to get at least 4 more before the end of March to make it really worth while... otherwise we are hanging on by a thread.