Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Made about 6 months of laundry detergent for a whopping $13.61=$2.27 per month

Ivory Soap-3.99
Borax-3.49
Washing Soda-3.24
Color Safe Bleach-2.89

:weee

I added 1/2 dram of essential oil I had laying around and it's now Linen scented!!!

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
A whole big basket of tomatoes from MIL. Snagged a bunch of yardage for products at the Goodwill Store today also. $2.00 a piece. On ebay, I was spending more for much less. And still trying to get a good deal.

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
yourbadd said:

Ivory Soap-3.99
Borax-3.49
Washing Soda-3.24
Color Safe Bleach-2.89

I added 1/2 dram of essential oil I had laying around and it's now Linen scented!!!
(You wouldn't have used up all of your supplies on one batch, so your cost is actually much lower than you've noted. But still a great deal :))

A 5 gallon bucket of this stuff lasts our family just about a year.

wooddustmaker

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I will give this post a bump. Found 6 lbs of sausage for .99 a lb in the rancid meat pile at the store tonight. It is very lean, and goes great in spaghetti sauce, or chili, and cheaper than ground beef to boot. Need to make another batch of laundry soap tomorrow. Trying to get the fiance to quit buying certain things at the store. She is coming around to my way of thinking.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I used my coupons again today and got a few things for free..or close to free. One item was 12 cents after coupon...there goes that check I got last month :p

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Welcome wooddustmaker!

We sold some stock and paid off all our credit card debt. Yay! No more interest there, but we still have a mortgage. Boooo.

Hacking up another deer carcass today for dog food. :sick

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Hubby and I went to Harbor Freight. We had coupons for all but one item, and saved over half of what it would have normally cost us.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Well... its sort of saving....
I purchased some bathroom rugs for the other half for christmas, and they were just too small. So we returned them and found new rugs, and the new rugs were about half the price of the original rugs!
I love it when things work out like that!

LilyD

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Processed 11 chickens and added them to the freezer. Also sold 6 dozen eggs for 3$ a dozen which translates into two more bags of feed for the girls. Also added a pellet/wood stove so we now won't have to pay for fuel oil anymore. So excited about that. I hate being tied to the oil prices for anything.

Doozerdoo1

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
moolie said:
yourbadd said:

Ivory Soap-3.99
Borax-3.49
Washing Soda-3.24
Color Safe Bleach-2.89

(You wouldn't have used up all of your supplies on one batch, so your cost is actually much lower than you've noted. But still a great deal :))

A 5 gallon bucket of this stuff lasts our family just about a year.
We went through the five gallon bucket in 2 months . We do it to save a bundle, but when you have a large family a year is stretching it lol.

Latest posts