What did you do to save $ today?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LOL Gals
you have the apple eating family.
here it is grapes. We go thru alot of grapes, why? I don't know :p

But good score and I am glad you told me that is a good price. When you don't buy something alot you wonder if it is a good deal or not.
Sugar is not a price I check out.

Applesauce. I bet you cook/bake with that right?

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
By my estimate, we've gone through about 6-7 grocery-sack bags of apples so far this year. Probably more. And now we have 4 more in the garage. I make farmer apple pies, which use about 25-30 each, for company, apple roll-ups for my bro's b-day, tons of sauce for eating (topped with frozen blackberries) and a bit for baking, plus just a pile eaten fresh.

Grapes sound awesome! A friend grows a fair amount and just gifted me some grape butter. We used to swap quarts of her grape juice for 1 dozen of my eggs :)

Today, a friend/customer helped me save $! Another friend/customer posted on FB how much she loved me soap, along with a photo. I commented that I needed to take some good photos to post of my soaps. The third person (a professional photographer) offered to take them for me, free! I'll definitely gift her eggs, body balm, lip balm and soap, but it's nowhere near the value of her time. I believe she's up to $300 for sessions with families/couples. Whoohoo! With decent photos, I can e-mail/post online photos and have a much easier job marketing my products when I want to.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I just got a WHOPPIN check in the mail for 12 CENTS :lol: Something about Ebay seller fees and a lawsuit :hu May be a scam :p

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Marianne said:
Wannabefree said:
I just got a WHOPPIN check in the mail for 12 CENTS :lol: Something about Ebay seller fees and a lawsuit :hu May be a scam :p
:gig
What are you laughin at? I'M RICH!!!!!!!!!! :weee :lol:

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
Don't spend it all in one place, and don't forget to tithe, too!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:
Wannabefree said:
Don't spend it all in one place, and don't forget to tithe, too!
:th Okay... :lol:

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
wow on the photography. that is walking into a great deal!

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Signed refinancing papers today, saving many thousands in the life of our mortgage in interest. Yay!

Packed supper, as usual.

Two family physicals today, while we have already maxed out our deductible and co-insurance.

Cooked up the last of the fall greens today for quiche to be made this winter. Stir-fried with onions and garlic, then frozen in 4-cup containers for later.

Latest posts