What did you do to save $ today?

CJ1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ten bucks a bottle is more than fair given what I had into it. Heck. Using store bought strawberries and grapes my cost is like 40 bucks for a 5 gallon run. You get 5 bottles out of a gallon. Once ya remove solids you're only out a gallon from that 5 gallon run. Factor in a buck for the bottle cork and label it's still like four times what I had into it including the five bucks in diesel to get there.

That gal with California plates saying she is local and has been her whole life was selling it for 20 a bottle and it wasn't all that good.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I had a free lunch at work...annual picnic. Good thing too cuz I spent nearly a grand on a new freezer...ugh.

Reactions: CJ1

CJ1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I managed to loose 3.95 today. I found some seeds on sale and can't find them now.

CJ1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I found them. Apprently I carried them outside in my hand after I left the store then set them in my lap when I got into my truck.

They ended up by the front tire of my truck.

I need to dry them again so they can keep till next spring.

Marigolds and morning glories.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I made my chickens and pigs very happy with the grass clippings from the acre I mowed.:) Grass, plantain, dandelion, vetch, some other stuff.

Pigs ate & napped in the sun, ate again....still plenty in there. Chickens ate it & some bugs found and then spread it all on their run (where they'd scratched to nothing but dirt). Other grow out chicks loved it! Good use for it all.

Used the mower attachment (pain to do & dump) but more acceptable when it can be recycled. Weeds & seeds so, didn't want to use as mulch. Feed is better, saved $$.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Cooked up some semi-funky meat from the freezer....when I tell you that chickens are cannibals - I speak the truth, lol. Dogs had some, pigs had some but the chickens were the number one carnivores! Saved a bit of money on bagged feed for all the critters yesterday. Also boiled up about 5 dozen eggs that will go into the food chain today.

Latest posts