What did you do to save $ today?

poppycat

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
This week is my week of NOT going grocery shopping. I am trying to make use of what we already have.

It seems to me that I spend about the same amount at the store regardless of what is on my list, so I am trying to go every other week instead of every week.

If we run out of milk, I will go to the store with just enough cash to buy milk, or we will go a couple of days without it until it's shopping day again

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Today I brought my own lunch even though I was tempted to buy the cafeteria salad which is soooo much easier and pretty tasty.
I came home and opened the electric bill. Noticed that our usage for October was down from Oct. last year. Decided to talk to the guys tonight about trying to do even better next month.
With a huge vet bill today going out for dinner tonight is out of the question. While we'll be eating out of the freezer this weekend too, We'll be doing our Friday night pizza, just at home to avoid ordering drinks and having to pay a tip. If I'd had it together better today I'd have made pizza myself but today is just not one of those days.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
today I worked and will make money tomorrow. So I guess I saved money by working most of the day....instead of finding a way to spend it.

When I went to Mom and Dads I turned off the computer from this morning. Normally I leave it on all day, and turn off at night, but I figured I might as well start turning it off if I am going to be gone like 3-4 hrs. or more.

that is about it for me for today so far. won't be spending anymore money today (got gas this afternoon and filled up)--extent of money spent today.

tfpets

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I ate leftover chicken from last night instead of eating at a taco truck when I go to town in a little while!

Going to go to town to run errands, pay some bills, and pay for After School Care for the Littles (Cost: $700 to $1000 depending on the month. Something to consider when I'm looking towards a simpler way of life?)

Tina/tfpets

user251

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i bought a kero-sun 23,000 BTU kerosene heater and a 2/3 full 5 gallon can of fuel for 50 bucks. ;)

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
How about I didn't spend any money today? :p

Zenbirder

Frugal Vegetarian Farmer
Reaction score
I cooked breakfast, scrambled eggs with tomato and avocado - and leftover cornbread crumbled in soy yogurt, on the wood stove in the family room instead of using the propane stove in the kitchen. At the same time I cooked a wild rice and mushroom soup for dinner ( I did have to heat the oven this evening to bake whole wheat bisquits to go with it :p . I have been trying to start dinner every morning with the free heat from the wood stove so the longer cooking basic grains are not using propane from the tank.

tfpets

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
How about I didn't spend any money today? :p
THAT is frugal! I think I spend money in my sleep, in fact, I know I do...its an issue....thats another thing I have to work on...financial issues!
Tina