What did you do to save $ today?

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
I wanted to get mushrooms and the store had 3 packages that were marked down 1/2 price. I got all of them and will make some sauce out of any that aren't quite so pretty. They still look good.

Not near as big money as some of you but I'm happy. getting ready for omelettes.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Every bit counts!

I've been working on fall harvest. It actually snowed a bit here and was 20s 2 nights in a row, so every bit I pull from the garden saves us grocery $ later. It's tempting to let it go after so much garden work since April, but I'm trying to pull out every last bit.

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Ldychef2k said:
Ran to Winco for eggs, checked the meat case...five pound chubs of 7% fat ground beef, were $17. Expire today, got all four chubs for $2.98 each. 20 pounds of extra lean ground beef for 60 cents a pound.
Winco is a great store, wish they had them where I live. Love the bulk food section.

dragonlaurel

Reaction score
me&thegals said:
Every bit counts!

I've been working on fall harvest. It actually snowed a bit here and was 20s 2 nights in a row, so every bit I pull from the garden saves us grocery $ later. It's tempting to let it go after so much garden work since April, but I'm trying to pull out every last bit.
Getting the late harvest is good. Enjoy the fresh food while you can.

becky3086

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Got a free whole deer shoulder from my sisters b-friend the other day. Cooked it tonight and it was SOOO good. Will make BBQ venison, soup and whatever else we can think of from the leftovers.
Collected eggs from my chickens, some will be sold, others will be eaten.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
:/ Not really saving $$ I don't suppose, but saving time - I made 10 servings of mac and cheese and froze them for when I'm too lazy to make the kids something to eat. :p

I was half way through when I realized we didn't have enough milk for the rue - I used water and I hope it tastes ok. :rolleyes:

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
my mothers friend gave me a lazy susan type spice rack with the jars

however not using them for that will be using as bath salts gifts to be added to other things in a gift basket

44 little one cup glass jars all with corks will be toooooooo cute

have to grow the lavender and the olive tree now and maybe an orange and lemon tree and maybe some ginger chamomile oh the list is too long

1stepcloser

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Picked up $100 worth of garden bed rocks for free. Going back for the other $100 worth tomorrow. :D

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
What I did to save money today.

We turn all non-essential lights out. This is practice in our house
We have yet to turn the furnace on yet this year.
My wife walks to work everyday.
We made home-made bread today. Yes I used the oven. :)
I reused old pacing boxes and packing material to send out my ebay sold items.

Thats something I have done today

dragonlaurel

Reaction score
We needed ketchup and the store had it for 49 cents. I got 3 bottles so we wont have to pay full price on it for quite a while.
My hubby loves smoked oysters but our grocery store was expensive, $ 2.19 each can for them. The Family Dollar nearby has them for $ 1.00 each. I got 6 cans since this is a healthier snack than many of the things he eats.
I'm making bread tonight too which is way cheaper than buying it.

Latest posts