What did you do to save $ today?

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
I can't remember the last time I posted here, but this is my saving today:

I didn't leave the house, for starters! :lol: I basically cleaned out the fridge of leftovers for lunch and supper, using my homemade bread for breakfast, and eggs from the chickens.

I've been looking on eBay for patterns and material for a rewenactment dress...today I started cleaning out my sewing room and found not only the exact pattern I needed (I'd bought a box of patterns at an auction 3 years ago for $1) and I also found enough material for the dress.

I also raked up loads of grass that I mowed down yesterday and gave it to the rabbits as a mid-day snack.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Instead of giving the ducks peas, I gave them hugh dandelion plants from the neighbor's lawn. Not only did I save money, I also helped them weed their lawn :D

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
I picked up eight gallon sized glass pickle jars and four lawn chairs from FreeCycle !

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
I know ! I have had ONE for about a year, always looking for more. This one lady goes "shopping", which is what she calls dumpster diving, and she got three of them that way.

DrMom

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
The two things I did today and have been for a while are air dry my laundry and made bread. Here is the link to my basic bread recipe http://www.motherearthnews.com/Real-Food/Artisan-Bread-In-Five-Minutes-A-Day.aspx

I have not used our worthless dryer for over a year to dry clothes, only to fluff towels and rugs for a minute before hanging. I have a family of 5, 3 teens, a full time job and am going to graduate school. I think hanging laundry takes less time the using a dryer. I have two drying racks and that handles it well.

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
I scored probably 80 to 100 pint and quart wide mouth canning jars from FreeCycle.

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
We have a wonderful community. I'm sorry you haven't had a good experience.