What did you do to save $ today?

cheepo

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Here is a link to how to can cheese
I haven't actually tried it myself but want to....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X33eg6mYhw&feature=relmfu

I find...frozen cheese...fine...
no you can't slice it...
but I would freeze in small blocks..
then...run a knife down it breaks apart,,in large grates...absolutely perfect for taco's.... salads..ect...
and way less hastle than grating...

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Switched car insurance companies today. We should have done this a LONG time ago! Added renter's insurance to our policy and are STILL saving $65.00 per month! :woot
Of course, the fact that we now have to pay a power bill that we haven't had to pay before will probably negate that savings. But at least we have a little extra free cash to handle the increased expense... :/

kuntrygirl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
hqueen13 said:
Switched car insurance companies today. We should have done this a LONG time ago! Added renter's insurance to our policy and are STILL saving $65.00 per month! :woot
Of course, the fact that we now have to pay a power bill that we haven't had to pay before will probably negate that savings. But at least we have a little extra free cash to handle the increased expense... :/
I was so happy when I switched car insurance companies and save some money. :thumbsup

dma1974

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I stayed home today. That was my saving money. No burned gas and no spending. Oops, I remembered as I typed that I bought a <$10 cd online. Oh well. I did stay home though.

Sunny

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I got two regular size cans of coffee for only $3.49 each. All because they were dented.. Wow what a find. Thats like buying 2 cans for the price of one, when its on sale..

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I hung out laundry today. It saves 65 cents per load on average x 3 loads...I aint getting rich, but I aint going broke over some laundry either :p

Yesterday I called our cell provider and knocked down our monthly payment by $26 :D I am thinking of switching internet service providers to dial up from satellite too. I know it'll be slower, but...saving $35 bucks a month I think I can deal with it.

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
WBF, remember your amount of time spent in front of the computer waiting has worth also! With your life, I don't know that you could afford that extra time!:D

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm sowing more veggie and herb seeds so I won't have to buy plants this year. :D

Edited to add that I've also got two, half gallons on citrus vinegar steeping...one for cleaning and one for a hair rinse.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
snapshot said:
WBF, remember your amount of time spent in front of the computer waiting has worth also! With your life, I don't know that you could afford that extra time!:D
True :lol: I will be on less this Spring and Summer anyway though because I'll be SO busy here!