What did you do to save $ today?

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Had a very low-dollar b-day party for my 10-yo girl today--dollar store gift bags, homemade mac and cheese, homemade pudding for dirt cake, lettuce and berries from the garden.

And, DH is home building a walk-in cooler from panels he traded labor for, air conditioner and CoolBot, much cheaper than using a compressor unit, especially over the long term.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I caught some folks tired of sitting at the Farmer's Market and got about 6 dozen ears of corn for $5 and nearly 2 bushels of beans for $35 ;)

newbskywalker

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I am getting ready to buy a roku & use my netflix and I am going to cancel my 215$/month cable bill!!!

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Planted almost 2 dozen plants that L brought over that she split out of her yard. 4 different kinds of ferns, woodland poppys and 2 varieties of perennial geraniums! :celebrate
AND it rained today so I didn't have to water anything!

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Saved just a smidge under $21 today with making laundry detergent. George was always buying Tide, so the savings was even more than usual (as compared to the cheapest laundry detergent). Even made some money today with the laundry detergent, as someone put in an order for some of my homemade laundry soaps. :) So, technically, with the profit I made off of it, I paid for my batch, so it was technically free, lol.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I had a good barter deal today. Mayonnaise and ranch dressing and some of my homemade Shake&Bake, for 8 quarts of strawberries to make more jam, plus they bought all the ingredients to make what I made :D

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I was forced to save money today - by the cashier's at my local grocery store! :lol: I bought 40 packets of kool-aid (my guys love it) on sale, and the cashier grabbed a coupon that gave me 5 lb of sugar free with each 20 packets, so 10 lbs of free sugar. Then, I had bought 6 lbs of butter, on sale for $1.88/lb. The ladies helped me tear out 6 $1 off coupons for the butter, bringing my cost down to $.88/lb! :woot One of them handed me 6 more coupon flyers, telling me that the butter coupons expire on Saturday, I might want to come on back and use them up :D Over all, they saved me $14 off my grocery bill. Yay for shopping local AND saving money!

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
hqueen13 said:
Wow, SS! You don't find that kind of caring much anymore at all!
I know, right?! When I told DH, he said "Those ladies just got their store a regular customer!" He's right :)

Latest posts