What did you do to save $ today?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I'm cooking beans, fried squash, okra, and green tomatoes from the garden. I could eat that every night :drool and it's super cheap! :D

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Instead of cooking a "fresh" meal we cleaned the fridge out! And had some fresh corn :drool

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
We did that yesterday ;) We HAVE to every 3 or 4 days or we waste food....and I no likey to waste food :old Not only does it waste the cost of the food, but my time grocery shopping AND cooking it. Waste makes me mad :p

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
We did that yesterday ;) We HAVE to every 3 or 4 days or we waste food....and I no likey to waste food :old Not only does it waste the cost of the food, but my time grocery shopping AND cooking it. Waste makes me mad :p
Ditto :D Us too!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I figured out today that by riding my bike everyday, I'm saving about $50 in gas every week.

Theo

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Ooof, today I picked blueberries at a upick farm and blackberries from my property. I picked my own squash, green pepper and broccoli for my dinner. But I splurged on a cold lemonade because it was hot! Tonight I will make blackberry jam (my fav!!). I am going to freeze the blueberries and make blueberry jam later. My 22 San Marzano tomato bushes are bulging with green tomatoes. In our climate, we usually don't get red tomatoes until end of August/beginning of September, but I think they will be early this year. My goal is to make lots of tomato sauce and ketchup from my own tomatoes. Can't wait!

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Got a pot of split pea soup on the stove to can from Moolie's recipe. That'll be meals we can pull out in a hurry instead of ordering out!! :woot

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
We canned our own corn! And are eating an entirely home grown supper!

animalfarm

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I finally bought a heavy duty counter top stand mixer. with a scraper blade. I was delaying because a good one is $300. but I have so much cream piling up,(24 quarts at last count and 2 more a day coming in, and it takes so long to churn it that I broke down. Just tried it out thinking to return the mixer if the plan didn't work, but it did. I can churn a quart at a time and while I am washing that batch, another is churning and ready when I am done. I am averaging 3 lbs of butter to 2 quarts cream so I should have around 30 lbs of butter this time tomorrow. I think I will have saved both time and money inside of a month.