What did you do to save $ today?

RedneckCowgirl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Boogity said:
RedneckCowgirl said:
. . . BUT, my greatest accomplishment in saving $ is almost 2 weeks ago I went no-poo. Currently my hair is still detoxing and is still pretty greasy, but it will get better and I will never have to buy shampoo again! Yay! :)
OK Cowgirl, you got some 'splainin to do. What's no-poo and how does it work. Don't you stink as time goes by? :)
I just don't shampoo. For a while I was using baking soda to wash and 1tbls acv in water to condition. Works pretty well but than I started reading about people who gave up on soap completely and thought I'd give it a try.
Like this guy here

I also don't use deodorant, but baking soda or coconut oil instead. I have very blunt family/friends who are not afraid to say "Girl, you stink, get in that shower!" and no one has said anything too me yet :p I try to live a very paleo-type lifestyle and I have two large dogs that are like energizer bunnies, so I do sweat, a lot. I also use the baking soda for toothpaste. My teeth are white, and the dentist hasn't said anything about my dental care being sub-par. I love being free of chemicals, and baking soda is insanely cheaper and easier to store than shampoo/body wash/deodorant/toothpaste/face wash

Corn Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I would love to share jars with all of you if the postage wasn't so high. The best thing about a good score is being able to share.:D

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I'm almost all done my logic puzzle book and I can't find a new one. So, I decided to send for the back issues. I have a terrible time finding them, so I don't do them as often as I want. For about $20.00, I'm getting 14 books. They cost $5.00 in the store! So, that's saving me quite a bit per issue, plus I don't have to try running to a bunch of different stores to find them, which saves gas!

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I made mini pizzas today for lunch. I used regular bread, a bit of bulk pizza sauce and some cheese. It cost me $0.60 for four mini pizzas... Two for myself and one for each of the boys. Now, if I had purchased those pizza hot pockets, it would've been like $3 something for two, so about $6... Ten times what I made it for. :)

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
You think poorly of me Boog? :(
Oh no! I have determined, over the past two years, that you and I are a lot alike. And I KNOW that I can't contain my maniac-osity to only the kitchen. :)

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Boogity said:
Wannabefree said:
You think poorly of me Boog? :(
Oh no! I have determined, over the past two years, that you and I are a lot alike. And I KNOW that I can't contain my maniac-osity to only the kitchen. :)
:lol: hehehe I was just teasin ya Boog ;) :hugs I thought you were still on when I posted that. I agree with ya, we have our very own flavor of crazy :lol:

<ErinElizabeth>

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Wow! You guys are so creative! I just found this site and have really been enjoying it. What I did to save money today: Printed off some coupons that I used to go grocery shopping. I blew out some eggs (they were not good to eat since we just got done de-worming the chickens) to make egg baskets out of. I will use the egg baskets as gifts and also sell them. I fed the egg yolk and white to the chickens to save on feed costs. We planted some pecan trees that will some day make us some money.