What did you do to save $ today?

Mickey328

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Not today, but yesterday I canned 10 qts apple juice, 7 half pints of vanilla caramel apple butter, and 7 qts of potatoes...all with free produce!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I rode my motorcycle out to the farm instead of taking my truck-in spite of the fact that it looked like it was going to pour at any minute!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Yep, the rain went a different direction.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Packed my meal for work, as always.
Set up our chicken butchering area for the big job (145 birds) on Sat. It will save us a load of $ rather than having them done by someone else, but a ton of work.
Asked a friend for help digging trenches for a new water line. He will contribute his labor in exchange for wood we provided him free last winter. Whoohoo!

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Made up a little over a pint of hershey's syrup, with banana flavoring! I'll have to make some more today, because the extra bit was already used up, and I'd like to make a bigger batch so I can store some back for another time. :)

GardenWeasel

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Want the info on the banana hershey syrup. Started more lettuce, mustard and radishes to in future save my salad fixings money. Hung out my clothes and cleaned the freezer and made corn beef and cabbage noodle soup.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I used a bunch of my coupons to get $40 worth of groceries for $13, saving $27!! :woot

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I bought a bathroom scale for $6.50. From now on, the horses aren't getting free choice hay, but will have it weight out. They're going thru it too fast and Honey's too fat!