What did you get???

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yourbadd

you got Jack juicer also. ME TOO

jump over to the juicing thread I started. Are you new at it like me, or are you a juicing pro already???

BarefootMom

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I got a bunch of stuff -

chopper/shredder attachment for our KA
a Sauce Master!!
Carla Emery's Encyclopedia to Country Living!!
Taste of Home Cookbook and the baking cookbook (both are binders, haven't had much time to look at them yet though)
The Ball complete guide to canning - the one with over 400 recipes!!

and much much more from my family.

I got myself the discounted Ball waterbath canner from Lowe's along with more canning stuff. My other waterbath is my mom's, and the enamel inside is wearing off. I had been wanting my own for a few years now. - can't beat $12 for a canner, rack, and utensil set! Plus I got a bunch of other canning stuff on clearance too!

ChaneyLakegirl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I received 4 pks of canning jars, several boxes of canning lids, a storage shelf, some cast iron bread pans and a victorio strainer. It was an awesome christmas. too bad I won't be "playing" with most of my toys until summer.

cheepo

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
WOW!!!!I got a laptop...
my last one litterly fell apart and....
my hubby has already informed me what he wants to give for our aniversary...
not romantic...a deepfreeze...but a definate need...so life is good

Dreaming of Chickens

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I got 2 stick blenders, one from my mom and one from my cousin, for soap making. I was going to return one, but I think it would be good to have a backup. I got a couple of soft, warm sweaters and some fuzzy socks. I love fuzzy socks! From DH, I'm getting exactly what I wanted. I had told him I didn't want him to buy me anything and that I wanted him to take whatever he had budgeted for my presents and put it toward getting my Jeep fixed. So, that is what he is doing. I have an '88 Grand Wagoneer named Matilda. She is the automotive love of my life. I haven't been able to drive her in several months because she needs a transmission. Now he's get'n her fixed up for me. I can't wait to have her back on the road! :weee

raiquee

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I got an iPad 2 from my dad and a new food saver, down comforter and garbage can lol. I got a kohls gift card but we plan on moving next year ( well technically this year!) so I'm going to save it for when we move.

Theo

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I'm trying to wean the family off gifts too, but we still have a teenager at home and she finds it harsh to face Christmas without presents. So we had a few gifts for everyone. Mostly we celebrated by renting a beach house and having the coast all to ourselves. We were all together, and that was great. I did buy my husband a metal detector, which is practical, because we have a lot of buried wire at our farm. I also got a Macbook pro, because my elderly laptop finally gave up the ghost. I bought a few presents for the household, too: some of those reusable canning lids, and a grow light on a frame for starting plants. It was a merry Christmas for all!

lazyday

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Theo said:
I'm trying to wean the family off gifts too, but we still have a teenager at home and she finds it harsh to face Christmas without presents. So we had a few gifts for everyone. Mostly we celebrated by renting a beach house and having the coast all to ourselves. We were all together, and that was great. I did buy my husband a metal detector, which is practical, because we have a lot of buried wire at our farm. I also got a Macbook pro, because my elderly laptop finally gave up the ghost. I bought a few presents for the household, too: some of those reusable canning lids, and a grow light on a frame for starting plants. It was a merry Christmas for all!
:thumbsup Did you have a Mac before you got your Macbook pro? I, just received my MacBook pro for Christmas as well. I am finding it to be a new experience. My brain still wants to think windows and I keep wanting to right click.

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My/our big gift was a week spent with family in BC. The 6 hour drive out and 14 hour drive back (due to highway closure/avalanche control necessitating a detour) were totally worth the quality family time.

Got some nice things in my stocking (that's our adult tradition, only the kids get wrapped gifts) and had an absolutely lovely time visiting with everyone.

First time in years that we haven't had a tree up, and that I haven't made the big family meal, so it was very relaxing to just be a helper rather than the kitchen boss!