What did you plant today?

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
If you were closer, I'd let you have all the lily of the valley you wanted.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I'm trying something different this year. Normally I buy onion sets. This year, I'm trying to start them from seeds. Rather than try to find enough room to start that many onions, I took a couple of foil baking dishes, filled them w/seed started, and sprinkled the seeds on top. Of course, they're bunched up in places, but if they sprout, I'll separate them when I transplant them.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've often started all my kale, collards, cabbage that way. Just make a spot and sprinkle seeds, then separate later. I don't think I lose anymore than if I put seeds in sep pots....easier, too.

Saw (somewhere) that a gardener had put seeds on a damp paper, folder over & planted that to ease concerns about spacing. Oh, they used damp paper and let it dry before planting. You know, same as some of those expensive "seed tapes" sold at retailers.

D1

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hey guys, its been awhile since I've been on. but I got watermelons, sweet corn, crowder peas, and snap beans planed today.....I planted purple, blue potatoes in boxes and regular and baking russets, Yukon gold and new red potatoes have been in the ground for 2 weeks and have just broke ground, well some of them(first year growing potatoes),,.... I have cucumber, squash, cherry tomatoes, egg plant, bell pepper, and jalapeno in the greenhouse ready to go in the ground when I KNOW there is no danger of frost.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
D1, what zone are you in?