What Do You Make and Sell?

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I do not do this personally but someone in our town does this and she makes really good money doing it, maybe you can do something like this.
She advertises that she will brood your chickens for you up to 8 weeks for all the city slickers getting in on the trend of raising backyard chickens. She always sells out, and sells them for 10.00 a chick. She raises whats in demand breeds and does quite well touting that all the hard work is done, they are feathered out, disease free and going to lay in a couple months. Also if she has extras she will take a brooder to the farmers market and they all are gone by the end of the day.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Mountain air? How much is that going for now-a-days? I seem to have some extra around here I could bottle up...

okiegirl1

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
me&thegals said:
That is so sweet of you!! My heart gave a lurch when I read on another thread of your daughter's battle with cancer. She has a wonderful mother!
aw, thanks.
this is my favorite picture from the bad days.

l_909e3d9538a149eab0057edf474e0fe1.jpg

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
Mountain air? How much is that going for now-a-days? I seem to have some extra around here I could bottle up...
I will sell it for $2 a jar! Believe me, it will sell around here....they sell such item as a hillbilly lighter (clothespin glued to a matchbox) for the same amount!

Okie, that is a dear and lovely pic! :)

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
I used to sew and sell baby diapers :lol:

My "baby" outgrew those, and I wasn't making more than $5 per diaper that could take up to an hour to make, so I sold my business. :gig
I also used to sell my patterns.

Now I work part time at home and make much more than that. SO sewing is back to being fun!

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
me&thegals said:
The biggest $ maker, though, are my CSA shares. I grow and sell weekly vegetable shares from the first week in May through the 3rd week in Nov. Winter storage delivery in Dec.

?
You sure do a lot! Can you explain the above? I have no idea what you are talking about.

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
hwillm1977 said:
I sell artwork... mostly portraits of animals, because I like drawing them better than people. (It's really hard to get a person to look just like the actual person, people seem less picky about animals)

My father told me when I was three that if I could draw him a perfect horse, he would get me my first pony... then the mortgage rates of the early 80s hit us, we lost our farm and rented an apartment in the city. I kept drawing a few hours a day, and bought my own horse when I was 27 years old :) and at least I have a somewhat marketable skill now... lol

Here's a few :)

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b83/hwillm1977/drawings/GoodHorseforElizWeb.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b83/hwillm1977/drawings/SicilyWeb.jpg
Those are beautiful! I love the pose you chose for the horse!
I bet you do sell them!

Is it in pencil?

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
hwillm1977 said:
I sell artwork... mostly portraits of animals, because I like drawing them better than people. (It's really hard to get a person to look just like the actual person, people seem less picky about animals)

My father told me when I was three that if I could draw him a perfect horse, he would get me my first pony... then the mortgage rates of the early 80s hit us, we lost our farm and rented an apartment in the city. I kept drawing a few hours a day, and bought my own horse when I was 27 years old :) and at least I have a somewhat marketable skill now... lol

Here's a few :)

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b83/hwillm1977/drawings/GoodHorseforElizWeb.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b83/hwillm1977/drawings/SicilyWeb.jpg
Those are amazing!