What do you stock inyour pantry, that others may find odd?

wooddustmaker

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
This is an extension of another thread. It will be interesting to see what people keep on hand. One persons likes are another persons dislikes. I like to keep a variety of hot sauce on hand. Sometimes, a little goes a long way in making something palatable. Lets hear what you keep.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I keep a boatload of dried peppers and hot sauce as well. I guess my weirdest thing is all the dried crookneck squash, but it actually comes in very handy. My mom thinks some of the things I use is really weird until I tell her how to use it. :p then she wonders why she didn't think of it :lol:

ThrottleJockey

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Several pounds of granulated stump remover, lots of sodium metabisulfite, molasses (not for eating, for fertilizer), spare shotgun and shells. Spectracide stump remover is 100% potassium nitrate, lots of uses for that including curing meat. Sodium metabisulfite is for killing yeast in brewing. Molasses makes fantastic fertilizer. You can never have too many shotguns scattered about the house. I only keep two basic commercial hot sauces, sriracha and franks, the rest I make myself from other common items I store like cider vinegar and dried peppers, garlic, etc.

wooddustmaker

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Throttle Jockey, who ever said that a pantry had to just hold food? Mine holds lamp oil, OIl lamps, laundry soap, random things that need to be stored.

ThrottleJockey

Power Conserver
Reaction score
wooddustmaker said:
Throttle Jockey, who ever said that a pantry had to just hold food? Mine holds lamp oil, OIl lamps, laundry soap, random things that need to be stored.
Thanks, you just reminded me about the 2 gallons of lamp oil I put in there last week! I found a tape measure in there too while I was fixing dinner, they're like shotguns. You can never have too many scattered about the house.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I have a lot of stuff in our pantry. I have three different setups for all of our preps.

The weirdest is home-canned celery, and liquor.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
That reminds me, I gotta get some more liquor :/

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I haven't been to Sam's in months now....I need to go in the next few weeks. Planned on going a week or so ago, but then the cows came up and I found myself not wanting to spend the cash on stocking up food items all of a sudden ;)

ThrottleJockey

Power Conserver
Reaction score
You guys know sams club is actually more expensive than the other options right?

Latest posts