What excites you?

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
You have a broody RIR?!! I thought they were extinct! :gig I tried everything to get old Ruby to go broody. She would rather kick butt and take names. She is not motherly one bit.

I would be so excited to get that girl to become broody and give her golf balls to set on so she would leave everyone else alone for a while!

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Here are some of mine:
-a hen with her babies
-shelves filled with homecanned or dried goods
-the rustling of corn in the wind, we call it "listening to the corn grow"
-The pitter patter of little kitten feet scampering around the house
-watching baby titmice take their first flight from the nest in the plum tree and getting it on video.
-eating food from our garden
-scoring at the goodwill outlet
-having a nice visit with my daughter
-sitting in our large wading pool with SO in the heat of the summer after working hard in the field
-getting a good night's sleep after a hard day's work
-the way you feet feel when you finally get to put them up
-watching SO play with our dog
-the way FIL's face lights up, when he finds out that SO came to help him in the garden.
-when my sister or brother visit
-sharing a glass of wine and memories with my friend on her front porch
-being able to help someone

ok I'll stop for now.

karanleaf

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Gals ya made me all warm and fuzzy inside. I smiled at reading the last couple of pages here. Hidelight you sure got some good advice for those that have young relationships :clap And those hills are so much easier to climb when you can do it together. :hugs

Yes, I still get the warm tingly feeling when I see my DH. :woot Sometimes I smile and just thank the Lord that I have him as my life partner. :love And I like the way he still opens the door for me after 28 years of being together. Our 25th Anniversary is this next Valentine Day :love :love

BBH I am sure that your girl will be OK, :hugs if she has a good, responsible, respectful and moral Adult that has set her an example. And has shown some of the same as she has been growing up. You have done your job. Just be there when she needs your support and guidance. :hugs

As reading all these posts it makes me even happier to say I have friends in this world that are wonderful down to earth folks. :hugs I am so excited to be part of this group :hugs

:frow Karan :D :D :D

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
karanleaf said:
Gals ya made me all warm and fuzzy inside. I smiled at reading the last couple of pages here. Hidelight you sure got some good advice for those that have young relationships :clap And those hills are so much easier to climb when you can do it together. :hugs

Yes, I still get the warm tingly feeling when I see my DH. :woot Sometimes I smile and just thank the Lord that I have him as my life partner. :love And I like the way he still opens the door for me after 28 years of being together. Our 25th Anniversary is this next Valentine Day :love :love

BBH I am sure that your girl will be OK, :hugs if she has a good, responsible, respectful and moral Adult that has set her an example. And has shown some of the same as she has been growing up. You have done your job. Just be there when she needs your support and guidance. :hugs

As reading all these posts it makes me even happier to say I have friends in this world that are wonderful down to earth folks. :hugs I am so excited to be part of this group :hugs

:frow Karan :D :D :D
Aww, Karen,

Those are some sweet words for all of us!

Thank you!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
This one was so cool! Last night were coming home from our annual church picnic. We pulled onto the street that our street comes off of. There are fields on either side divided by some woods and frequently deer pass from one side to the other so we always drive slow and keep our eyes open. As we drove past one field I noticed a doe about half back in the field but along side the tree line. We kept going but I saw something else move so I asked my husband to slow down. A fawn had come up to her and started nursing right there in the field. I haven't ever seen that before! We stayed watching for about 4 minutes until Mama Deer got a little nervous and they walked into the trees.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Don't honestly know. I suppose they can have twins, or a doe might take on another's fawn if something happened to its mother?
My parents have deer in their neighborhood frequently and there was one doe last year with what appeared to be twins.
We saw the doe and fawn (I assume it was the same pair) in the same field this morning!