What Happened to Nap Time???

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
The kids don't seem to need naps anymore, except Baby boy who usually takes 1, sometimes 2, but I think I need 3!

they say sleep when the baby sleeps - how about kids sleeping when mommy sleeps??

*yawn*

Sunny

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Nap??

What does that word mean?? LOL

Around here that word is unheard of. And even sleeping in is a rare thing. Kids usually wake up at 7 am every morning without being woke up. Geez. Then when they are teenagers, I probably will never be able to get them outta bed..

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I wake up at six thirty everyday. Im a teenager and I cant sleep in at all. I cant take naps cause I cant sleep at night.......

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Who has time for a nap? I want in!!!

hillfarm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
When my kids are with their father, and I'm off work for the summer, I remembered what naps were.

Amazing things. Its been years. When your kids grow up more and you arent having to run non stop, you will get to nap again.

I thought I was gonna lose my mind when my kids were little. none of them slept ever. I swear they could go days on nothing more than cat naps. it was awful.

but its good now. This summer they are sleeping till noon. And i let them. I get up early, work hard while its cool and then around four or five, i crash on the bed with orders to not bug me unless they are bleeding or th ehouse is on fire.

Works most of the time.

lwheelr

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I used to tell my kids "Go take a nap, Mommy's tired now.". Not that it worked all that well, but it was fun.

In fact, I just woke up. Nice thing about having ONLY teens in the house while pregnant, is that I CAN take a nap, and nobody gets into stuff while I'm snoozing. Well, as long as I don't leave ice cream where they can find it...

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
lwheelr said:
In fact, I just woke up. Nice thing about having ONLY teens in the house while pregnant, is that I CAN take a nap, and nobody gets into stuff while I'm snoozing. Well, as long as I don't leave ice cream where they can find it...
Ok, now you're just rubbing it in LOLOL :D

Ice cream?? where?

lwheelr

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The ice cream is in the freezer, you'll have to get it yourself. I'm putting my feet up. :p

Just remember, I was where you are. I had seven in 10 years. I know what it is like to be tired and to lay there on the couch half asleep, hoping that the kids playing on the floor won't sneak off and smear butter all over the kitchen and rub your spices into it if you doze a bit too hard. I really am sympathetic. Really.

But I EARNED the privilege of having teens to help me out! :)

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hillfarm said:
I thought I was gonna lose my mind when my kids were little. none of them slept ever. I swear they could go days on nothing more than cat naps. it was awful.

but its good now. This summer they are sleeping till noon. And i let them. I get up early, work hard while its cool and then around four or five, i crash on the bed with orders to not bug me unless they are bleeding or th ehouse is on fire.

Works most of the time.
That was my life, too. Now we've reached the age that when we sit for too long, we doze off.
Remember when you hated to take naps? :lol:

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
LOL Well, misery loves company, huh?

My son's sleep cycle is totally opposite of mine right now. He naps when I am wide awake, I need to nap when he is wide awake. Also he doesn't go to sleep until 11, if we are lucky, and still manages to wake up at 7 or 8 in the morning. I am lucky if I get 6 hours of straight sleep and that is the good days when he will sleep from 11 until 7 or 8. I don't have the luxury of sleeping that long with him. :/