What I learned in Kmart today!

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My first reaction was "That is outrageous" and then I started thinking that maybe they thought you were stockpiling it? There is a weird, scary opinion growing out there that it is wrong and somehow unpatriotic to stockpile against emergencies... people feel that you are buying everything up and there won't be enough for everyone. And of course, if SHTF there WON'T be enough for everyone at that time... but you still aren't supposed to stock up ahead of time? Wouldn't that allow the store to restock their shelves -- and you wouldn't be buying any more because you already have enough???

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever heard of a store limiting the items of any one thing that you could buy. Maybe because it was an aerosol can? Weird!

As the youngest of nine children, I've heard all the comments: Are your parents Catholic? When did they find time/privacy to make more children? Didn't they know what caused that? Were they trying for a baseball team?

Of course, back in my day, folks were still having more than just two children....I can't imagine the comments they make in today's world. :rolleyes: Sad, really, when having children in abundance is looked upon as a bad thing. Coming from a big family, I always felt it was sad when folks only had two. Seems kinda lonely.... :(

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
On the other end, I only have one and I get noisy comments about that too. People need to mind their own business!!!

hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My husband and I decided not to have children. I can't count the number of times we heard, "Oh, you'll change your mind." About the time we hit our 20th anniversary, that comment died away. :p

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
They let the couponers buy as many of an item as they want. Would love to see the mgmts expression if they were shopping and told they could only purchase so much!

As to children, I came from a fairly abusive (and large) family. None of us (the children--6) have any kids of our own. But I am an amazing dogmom!!!!!!