What is going on in Europe?

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
I worked for 2 newspapers. There was a large room with a sea of editors at each paper. Their main functions were to size the AP articles to fit and to create catchy headlines. There were no free lance writers involved.

I get my news online and so does everyone that I know. Our papers reduced the size of the newsprint, then the amount of pages and now are printing only a few days per week while upping the price.

I agree about the classifieds moving off the papers and onto online sources. In addition, placing an ad is too expensive in a conventional paper, while the once a week free papers are 1/7th the cost for a three line ad. Craigslist is the preferred method of buying and selling in our area.

xineohpoel

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Economic adviser Peter Shiff predicted this whole economic downturn years ago. He was yelling, "Get out of the stock market now!" "Housing bubble is about to burst!" He was the adviser to Ron Paul and both were labeled lunatics by the mainstream press and laughed at. After everything started falling out a lot of press wanted to talk to Shiff.

Newspapers are falling out in our house because we can't get anyone to deliver them. We've had on and off delivery for about 10 years and at least 10 days every month we get no paper and finally canceled out on them. They have shrunk them though to half the size and I agree that there isn't much local news within it.

Reaction score
There are fear mongerers everywhere. It's too bad there are so many opinions out there. It would be nice if there was one answer. It's like Obama is a contestant on lets make a deal. Which door does he pick? Let's hope he picks the right one.

Too bad he inherited such a mess. Then the only issues would be health care and education.