What is the nicest thing someone said to you?

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I need some happy stuff to read. How about it, folks? Doesn't have to be the absolute nicest, but something nice, anything! Pleeeeeeeeease! :p

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
"You ARE NOT 46! 46? Really? I though you were in your 30's"

LOL

I loved that one :D (but I think they needed new glasses)

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
This was a PM I recieved recently from one of our forum members :love

You are one of the nicest people that I have met on here- or any forum- and I want to wish you the best holiday you have ever had.

I was very touched :frow

deb4o

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
This is one of the nicest things I have heard in awhile, first to set the stage, I do home health, not the flashyest job, but it helps pay the bills, and it can be very rewarding. So anyways, Iam at the Dr. getting a bone scan, and the tech ask "what do I do?", so I tell her and she says"that's so great, you serve a very special purpose". Well I tell you it made my day. Mostly in this field we are not very appreciated
So when someone tell me what a great thing it is I do,I walk on sunshine all day.

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
When my daughter was two, we were shopping and she was in a cart. I was talking to her about the things I was looking at, teaching her colors and shapes and things. (She knew how to read already; she's vrey bright.)

A man came up to me and said "I have been watching how you are with your little girl, and I just wanted to tell you that you are doing a wonderful job as a mother." I was just so moved that he did that.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Ldychef2k said:
When my daughter was two, we were shopping and she was in a cart. I was talking to her about the things I was looking at, teaching her colors and shapes and things. (She knew how to read already; she's vrey bright.)

A man came up to me and said "I have been watching how you are with your little girl, and I just wanted to tell you that you are doing a wonderful job as a mother." I was just so moved that he did that.
As a mother, that has to be the awesomest one ever! And, Dace, you are seriously nice!

In my CSA business, I only have 11 families and they keep up a steady stream of compliments that keep me in the business more than the money. The latest one was "You are such a blessing to our family!" I think that was a bit strong, but I appreciated it anyway! :)

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
The day before Christmas break I was able to leave work a half hour early and stop by my son's school. One of his classmates asked if I was his mom. I said yes, and then she just absolutely gushed, "You are sooo pretty!" I was speechless. I'm at least 50 lbs overweight, probably 10 years older than any of the other mothers from the class, grey hairs coming in a mile a minute. I'd been at school all day and probably all my makeup had worn off. I was exhausted. She just made my day!

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
I have to share this story.

My 10 year old granddaughter has been outgoing and social since she was an infant. She has never known a stranger. She has never hesitated, even as a toddler, to say hello to people in public, and to compliment them about something.

She also is a big fan of sparkly clothes, and this has been true for her whole life as well.

One day when she was maybe four, we were in the grocery store and there was a woman I would say in her late 70's. She had platinum hair, was wearing a cream colored velour sweat suit that had been bedazzled half to death. She had those big glasses that used to be popular, and they had sparkles in the corners. And she had a handbag covered in plastic gems. She reminded me of the older woman with the dog on Something About Mary.

Well, my DGD was pushing one of those kid sized carts, and when she saw this lady, she completely abandoned it and ran full speed down the aisle, literally skidding to a stop in front of her. She looked up at the lady and said: "You are the most beautiful lady I have ever seen! Are you a princess or a countess?"

The woman just instantly broke down crying and thanked DGD over and over again for her kindness. It was like she had waited all her life for someone to say such a thing to her.

That event really affected me. Seeing that lady through my DGD's eyes, I saw someone who was doing all she could in her own fashion to present herself to the world in a way she thought was beautiful. It really was a terrific moment.