What is the rudest thing anyone has ever said to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
So sad that there are so many rude folks in life.

Honestly I don't remember any of the rude comments made to me, and I'm sure there have been enough.

Mostly things that annoyed me where when I was pregnant, and folks thinking they needed to tell me everything I should be doing. I was a very skinny pregnant woman, and folks thought I wasn't eating or there was something wrong with me or the baby. :/

I got most of the rude comments, during my last pregnancy, it looked like a swallowed a pea whole! It happened that there was another woman at my work pregnant at the same time, and she was a healthy pregnant weight according to society.
I did feel a little smug when both our babies were finally born, and mine was over 8 pounds and her baby was just over 6!
(her baby was born a few weeks before mine, and the HORROR people started to generate because her baby was so small, mine was going to be 2 pounds they were SURE of it)

I also got some rude comments for Breastfeeding "too long" according to society as well, and breastfeeding in public! I was adept enough that I could stand in line at the grocery store and feed my baby at the same time :gig and without flashing boobies all over the place!
I was also given dirty looks when breastfeeding a child that could talk (asking for her "boobie") and walk and all the rest of it. I made a point to nurse in public when she was an older child! (just to annoy the fuddy duddies) :gig

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Wildsky, I had a good one when I was breastfeeding.
We were at a restaurant and my DD got hungry. So using a blanket to cover myself and DD, I fed her. Someone at the next table made the comment: "People should do that in the restroom!" I answered: "why don't you go eat in the restroom!!!"

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
Nothing that I can recall, but someone mentioned their MIL being proud that she'd never gone outside to see the chickens....I have a MIL like that.

She used to come over and would say "Oh, hehe, well, the house looks nice (?) " (saying it as if she was shocked) and run her hand over the table checking for dust, or look behind the tv for webs, or say "oh,hehe, it smells good " again as if she was in shock.

FIL one time, (and I say ONE) said "Oh, I didn't think you could do that" after I hopped into his grain truck (stick shift 13 speed) and drove it home. I turned to him, adjusted my ballcap and said "Boobs don't make me stupid.". Since then, he has had no problem asking me to help around the farm.

Once, just after having my son, he was in his stroller, and we were in the grocery. A very dirty child wondered up with his finger in his nose, pulled it out, then with the same hand went to touch my son. Um....NO! I threw the blanket over my son to intercept him and said "Please don't touch my child"....this 5 year old kid promptly ran to his mother screaming "THAT WOMAN WAS MEAN AND WOULDN'T LET ME TOUCH HER BABY!!!" I got the dirtiest look ever and she hustled him away, consoling him. ugh.

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
I was at Winco the other day, and this lady in front of me had tow kids, one a toddler, one about eight months or so. The baby kept taking her socks off, and mom kept fussing putting them back on. I jus smiled at her and said "I love it when they find their toes." She just completely relaxed and said I was fighting with her to keep them on so people wouldn't say "that baby needs socks!" She reminded me of all the unsolicited advice I had received as a young mother, and how much I hated it. I never did it to anyone because it bothered me so much.

Anyway, we had a long talk about unsolicited advice while the baby threw her socks on the floor !!!

ScottSD

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Actually, some of the rudest things that have been said to me have been said on forums by people who think they know more than anyone else.

When simple questions are asked, the more "knowledgeable" people about a particular subject can be some of the rudest people of all.

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ScottSD said:
Actually, some of the rudest things that have been said to me have been said on forums by people who think they know more than anyone else.

When simple questions are asked, the more "knowledgeable" people about a particular subject can be some of the rudest people of all.
:hide

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It's almost easier to come up with the "nicest/most sincere" comments. I think society is so judgemental, stereotyping and hypocritics, even when trying to be nice they are annoying.

Whenever pregnant, strangers always had some comment or story. One lady even came up to me and put her hand on my stomach and proceded to tell me about her pregnancies and she was a complete stranger!

When my 2 youngest were 2 & 4 they of course were little hellions especially in public either fighting amongst themselves or having meltdowns over not getting what they wanted. So I'd give a warning, if that didn't work, I'd give a sound swat to the bottom and if that didn't work I'd take them by the hand or arm and take them to the car and sometimes kicking and screaming. These actions were always commented on by strangers on how mean I was and how "sweet and innocent those poor little angels" were. :rant
Also many years ago when I was single/divorced the men I'd meet would only see my blonde hair and think "dumb blonde" and treat me differently. I've seen them talk with others with interest and intelligence, then turn to me-smile, and speak noticably slower and louder about nothing in particular. That used to get me :somad until I got back at them. If anyone treated me that way I'd play along at first as a "valley girl", twirling my hair, wide eyes then give them an earful :smack

Over the years I've tried to turn a deaf ear and blind eye to others opinions cause thats usually just what it is-opinions. And yes I think it's from their own pain and/or ignorance.

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
old fashioned said:
I think society is so judgemental, stereotyping and hypocritics, even when trying to be nice they are annoying.
Can I get an Amen? !! :thumbsup

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
I honestly do not think I can repeat the rudest thing that has been said to me.

Some things I do remember being told were that I was the cause of all the problems in the world and that I should kill myself, I've been told by someone that they wished I was never born, I've been told I was going to hell, I was overweight when I was younger and very often told that I was fat, that I needed to diet, that I didn't deserve to eat (a majority of them now weigh much more than me and are very unhealthy - not saying that to bash them, but to prove that you get what you give), I have also been called several racial slurs by an adult (even though I'm caucasian), most of the rest I cannot type on here because they contain swear words.

And those things I was told mainly by adults, when I still went to the public school I was told similar and sometimes worse things very frequently. Fortunately I do not have to put up with many my age anymore.

I agree with bibliophile birds, some of the comments that I consider the worst are about sexuality, race, and religion - those really get to me and hurt, they don't even have to be about me.

Status
Not open for further replies.