What is the rudest thing anyone has ever said to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Ibicella said:
I get a lot of rude comments, but the ones I really dislike are about my pet rats. They are my babies and I feel very blessed to have these warm, loving, intelligent beings in my life. I know they aren't everyone's cup of tea, and I really don't give one of their tails whether you like them or not. I didn't get them for YOU.

Yet people seem to think it's totally ok to make jokes about turning them into snake food, poisoning them, accidentally stepping on them, sticking them in a microwave, introducing their cats to them, and other horrible scenarios like it's the most hilarious joke in the world. Or they bleat out "OH YUCK, you have RATS? That's DISGUSTING. They're filthy vermin, I'd kill those things if they were in my house!"

I normally give them a very icy reply of "Those "Things" happen to be my family, and I'll thank you not to talk about my loved ones that way."

People normally shut right up then. :)
Hi Ibicella, welcome to ss!!

I had a pet rat in college, she was blind, but so smart! Her name was "Mousie". She was very clean and organized, but sadly she only lived 2 years...I was heartbroken when she had to be put to sleep. (Yup, I put her to sleep when she started to have seizures. :hide A two dollar "feeder" rat.)

dntd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My husband has muscular dystropy so when he used to walk his tummy would stick out, so many people,kids,adults would ask him if he was expecting!The adults were quite rude thier little kids would push him and make him fall and they didn't even get the kid to say sorry.

My daughter had a form of muscular dystrophy that has made her face muscles weak and makes her use a stroller for walks( she's 4) I've gotten"what wrong with her down syndrome""she looks like she's a downs child" and christmas but her aunt"she looks chinese". First of all, yes my daugher was tested for down syndrome by amnio so no she doesn't have it even though she was at high risk.Even if she did have it what would that matter to them? are they her dr?

My sister and I are at odds and she had the nerve to tell me that I shouldn't have my kids because of my daughter's acceden't. She didn't hear how it happend becaused she didn't bother to ask. Since when is it a parents fault when a 4 year old gets hurt accidently when her older brother jumped off the bed and landed on her and broke her femur! She's upset though because I asked for money back that I lent her on a day she told me to ask, apparently I don't deserve my money back she's told that to many people already!

Some people are just so rude!

gettinaclue

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
me&thegals said:

As for these nonstop boob comments, when some moron can't get his face up to eye level, would it work to literally stoop down to look him in the eye, making obvious the fact that his eyes are not in the right place?
I've never used the quote feature before - please excuse my fumbling use of it.

me&thegals - your comment strikes me as incredibly callous and rude..like it was some how my fault I didn't make him stop. It sounds a bit as if you are taking me to task. For the record, I did stoop - I even waved my hand infront of his face and putting the first two fingers of my right hand in a "V", pointed to my eyes and said "Up here Buddy" and neither approached worked. No, I didn't speak to his supervisor. I did file a report, but have no idea if it had any effect since I have never been back.

It was neither the first incident of that kind I had - nor was it the last. I am sorry to say that some people in the general population have no clue about how to behave around others - even after being clued in.

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Gettinaclue, I don't think M&TG meant that at all, I saw nothing in her post where she said it was your fault. This thread seems to have been a huge problem, time for it to go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts