What is your one indulgence you allow yourself?

Daffodils At The Sea

Power Conserver
Reaction score
It's hard work doing things by hand, it often takes whole days sometimes as the things mount, circumstances don't cooperate, etc. What do you use that makes your life a little easier?

I love paper towels, and I used to feel guilty using them, but I figure I do everything else without assistance. I just can't do laundry for all the rags that need wiping up of things that will turn moldy because it's cool and foggy here in the summer, not easy to get things dry.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
This may sound silly, but I never seem to have enough LEVEL space in my freezer for ice cube trays... so I buy bags of ice. At $2 a bag it's a definite extravagance, but I like my iced tea and lemonade COLD.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My idulgenence doesn't really fit under the heading of gadgets - but it's a student that I hire and pay a mere 10.00 an hour to help me out around here. He does some of the more time consuming chores and that frees me up to do more specific animal/garden chores that he's not quite up to. He's worth every penny and I'll miss him when he goes off to college this fall.... Wonder if he does windows??

Daffodils At The Sea

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Britesea, I long for ice cold water when I'm outside working on a hot day. I even looked up a Slurpee machine to see what advances they've got for home use. Seems like a good blender does the trick as well.

Frustratedearthmother, that's nice. I need to learn to delegate more. When my husband "helps" me it feels like I am having to keep an eye on him and answer his questions, find things he's looking for. I have a framed postcard of a couple in the 1950s standing in front of an open refrigerator that says Male Refrigerator Blindness Claims Another Victim. :)

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:lol::lol::lol:

Every once in a while when no one is around, I'll make a microwave S'more....or two....

Graham cracker, choco chips and a few mini marshmallows. I don't care how stale they are.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Didja ever make one in an ice cream cone? You put your chips in the bottom, add some mini marshmallows, and nuke them. :drool

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ok, now that we're confessing...
take some sliced almonds, coconut shreds, choco chips - watch carefully...nuke for half a minute or less? Grab a spoon. Homemade Almond Joy.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Marianne said:
Ok, now that we're confessing...
take some sliced almonds, coconut shreds, choco chips - watch carefully...nuke for half a minute or less? Grab a spoon. Homemade Almond Joy.
:drool