What kind of nuts are these?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Oh yeah, we have tossed some of these into the smoker to flavor our meats too. They are still hickory, and still have that nice flavoring when used to smoke things. Just another use for them ;)

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Skr8pn....I have a confession to make...oh how do I say this without causing trouble...

:hide When I first seen this thread title....and your well known sense of humor.....I just wasn't too sure what I'd find posted :D

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
old fashioned said:
Skr8pn....I have a confession to make...oh how do I say this without causing trouble...

:hide When I first seen this thread title....and your well known sense of humor.....I just wasn't too sure what I'd find posted :D
ROTFLMAO!!! Guess my reputation precedes me!! :lol:

Sooo........do you guys and gals think that these nuts would make good deer food????

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Sure they make good deer food....as soon as the acorns run out :lol: Right now the hot commodity for deer is White Oak acorns, and they are just falling here in Tennessee. Depends on how the acorn crop is progressing. I don't see the deer around my hickories until the acorns are completely cleaned out.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
old fashioned said:

Don't worry - I thought the same thing! :lol:

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
old fashioned said:

HA!

ok i wasnt the only person thinking the same thing!!! whoooot!!!!

;-)

say skr9pn, check around for older cookbooks for "hickory nut cake" - its an old church lady standby around here. its wonderful

:)
ps did you see our new pup?

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
hey SKR8PN!

didya have a chance to get all those hickories gathered up and brought in yesterday or are your nuts freezing?

;-)

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
hey SKR8PN!

didya have a chance to get all those hickories gathered up and brought in yesterday or are your nuts freezing?

;-)
Half my nuts are warm and half are frozen. :gig
I got the acorns raked up, but the hickories are still chillin'....

Where did you post a pic of your new pup??

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score

Latest posts