What line of work are you in?

Dodgegal79

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I'm a trained Vet Assistant but never have used it. Currently I haul scrap metal with my truck and trailer, and farm my chickens. I've milked cows for a living for two years, done shipping/receiving and courier driving.

robbobbin

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
USAF vet, currently PC systems administrator/tech support geek in order to pay for my chicken and gardening obsession.
But these dang computers keep interfering with my planting time and chicken chores.

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
robbobin...I know what you mean! Dang thing just grabs you and hold you here, knowing you are struggling to get up and get chores done..ggrrr

How long were you in the USAF? 8 years for me

sweetproserpina

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Used to be in Heritage/Museums (I can blacksmith/cooper with the best of them, in petticoats no less!) but left because I wanted to stay home and help the hubby with his business.

Now we run a small online automotive performance parts company for vintage Volvos. :)
Hubby does all the inventing and welding, I get to do all the shipping and computer work.

Nuggetsowner:)

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well, in the past I have worked retail and done some sales.

I currently grow a huge garden and then the boys and I sell at a local farmers market. We also raise some meat chickens and sell them to family and close friends.

DH and I own a landscape and lawn maintenance company. I do most of the design and estimates and he does the hard work. We have owned our business for 16 years.

I also work at the greatest job in the world!! I teach special education students in a one on one setting. I have done this for the last 8 years and it has been wonderful!!

And of course I must add that the most important job I hold is being a Mom to my three boys. That is the most rewarding thing I do!!

Beekissed - I always though you were something special but I never knew that you were a Super Hero!!!

How could I forget... I also clean 2 office buildings on the weekends with my oldest son. We split the money. Its not too bad and it gives him some "fun" money.

Betsy

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Took a college course to be a phlebotomist, but never got a job doing that because I lacked experience.

I've worked at a pet store and a boarding kennel, but have been a custodian at a medical wire manufacturer for nearly four years now.

My dream is to help educate Christians and Homeschoolers about Asperger Syndrome and how to help people with it by speaking and writing. I'd also love to have several small businesses so I can earn my living via multiple ways and not have my eggs all in one basket :)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Beekissed - I always though you were something special but I never knew that you were a Super Hero!!!
Why, thanks, Nuggets! How sweet! Well, you know one of the aspects of being a super hero is the secret identity! ;) Only my animals..and now you folks...know I am a super hero, so keep it on the low, low...okay? :D

Welcome, Betsy!! I have read a little on Asperger's and I think my oldest may have some level of it. There is a kid in our church that has been diagnosed with it as well. How did you get interested in this syndrome? Both fascinating and very sad, I think! :(

Betsy

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Welcome, Betsy!! I have read a little on Asperger's and I think my oldest may have some level of it. There is a kid in our church that has been diagnosed with it as well. How did you get interested in this syndrome? Both fascinating and very sad, I think! :(
I became interested in Asperger Syndrome when I was diagnosed with it four years ago at the age of 21. My Dad likely has it and my Mom has many of the traits. Life hasn't been easy, but I have been blessed in so many ways. :)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Have you ever read a book called Look Me in the Eyes? That was the one that gave me hope that my oldest may someday learn to adapt and cope in a social arena.

Ugly Cowboy

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Farmer/rancher, fence builder, horse breaker, mechanic... basically anything to do with just about any kind of livestock and ranch/farm work!

Latest posts