What Magazines Do You Subscribe to?

scrambledmess

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I was just wondering what magazines you all subscribe to that are focused on self-sufficiency. I just got a subscribtion to Mother Earth News. I saw an ad in this magazine for another magazine called Grit. Just wondering, what you read and what you recommend.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
None. I used to have Harrowsmith Country life and Countryside small stock journal as gifts last year. I won't but them for myself anymore. I read books and if I need info, I look it up on the net.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Hobby Farms. :)

Which reminds me, I need to send my subscription pymt!

I also like Hobby Home, but that one is only available on magazine shelves.

attack-cat

Power Conserver
Reaction score
We get Backwoods Home and Mother Earth News but the last will expire and not be taken again. If you have a Tractor Supply near you they have an excellent selection of magazines for sale.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
None here either. I pick up an occasional copy of Mother Earth News. I try to keep the magazines to a minimum because it is way too easy for me to get carried away with them!

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We picked up some Mother Earth magazines at a garage sale. We loved them, so I got a subscription. What a disappointment. When the subscription comes due, we are not renewing. I am going to see if I can find the old ones.
Other than that - none.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
my mother earth news just sent me a renewal.

nope.

cancelling.

I can read articles etc. on line and honestly I still haven't read the last one that came..lol

I don't know....I want things like this and then when they come I realize I am not enjoying them as much as I should so not renewing for now.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
I don't get any - hubby has his "special" magazine that he has to hide away from the kids.............. :rolleyes: BOYS will be BOYS.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LOL-LOL Wild
that is funny. I cancelled those long ago cause we went to DVD....HA HA HA