What other places. ..

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That's 15 minutes skinning it, plucking would take longer. I would love a drum plucker and I even bought the parts to make an attachment for my drill but never made it. Yes from cutting the throat to putting it in the cooler of cold water.

Of course it takes longer after the first bird because my hands are tired and after a couple of hours they are cramping, lol. I usually just grab one when I'm ready for some chicken. It really doesn't cost me anything to feed them (except maybe the dog food they steal from my dogs).

I will probably finish the last 7 cockerels up before too long though. They will start looking better to the local wildlife when cold weather sets in and I don't relish trying to clean a chicken with my fingers freezing. Here in Arkansas that could still be quiet a while yet. If my sons are helping me it takes twice that long, lol.

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I am always trying to teach them those valuable skills they will really use in real life. I like to hike through the woods and show them edible and medicinal plants too. You never know what the future holds.