What time is it right now?

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I was wondering what they might be myself.

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have a friend in Sydney, and we have determined that the time difference for us at this time of year is 17 hours - that is, when it is noon on Sunday in the western US (Oregon) it is 5:00am on Monday in NSW. After the clocks change again this Fall (Spring in Australia) the difference will be 19 hours, as we "Fall back" (one more hour *away* from Greenwich Mean Time), and the Aussies "Spring forward" (also one more hour, in the other direction, *away* from GMT). Does that make any sense at all to anyone :lol:? I find this site very useful when trying to figure out the time zone issues, as we have friends and family scattered over the globe: http://www.worldtimezone.com/

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I am not sure but I think that wheat bags are like rice bags. You heat them up and take them to bed with you for the warmth.

We will have to wait until Lovechooks replys to be totally sure but I am pretty sure thats what they are.

karanleaf

Power Conserver
Reaction score
2dream said:
I am not sure but I think that wheat bags are like rice bags. You heat them up and take them to bed with you for the warmth.

We will have to wait until Lovechooks replys to be totally sure but I am pretty sure thats what they are.
:thumbsup Yeap that is just what I was about to post. They use Buck Wheat or something similar. You can find them with Buck wheat hulls for use like a heating pad for sore muscles. Great for ear aches too.

:frow Karan :D

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
Wow! So our new Aussie friend is always going to be almost a day ahead of us!!
My Sydney friend and I tend to just disregard the day of the week when we correspond or telephone; in that case then Sydney is only 7 hours off from Oregon. And Hawaii and New Zealand are only 2 hours apart :lol:. That pesky Date Line does tend to confuse things :lol:

user251

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
its 5:52 central time and time to get back in the garden and hoe, pick bugs, cuss the storm that flattened ALL of my corn yesterday :he

Lovechooks

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Yes, wheat bags, heat bags are just corduroy bags filled with wheat, not sure about buck wheat - not sure what that is :/ our bags have the husk still on anyway.

Or they can also be filled with rice. We all have 2 each and hotties.

I'm going to have to explain hotties now arn't I?

They are hot water bottles filled from the kettle.

Australians shorten and use slang for just about everything, were a bit slack on speech down here ;).

We use the wheat bags and hotties in place on an electric blanket as it's get to under 1 degree here in Winter at night.