what to do when your spouse doesn't "get it"...ss that is!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Avalon1984 said:
Beekissed said:
I bet you get along with your MIL a lot more now, also..... :D
:frow Hey Beekissed !
Hey!! :D

People get sick and hurt.Lose income.Can't always buy what we want,and should be grateful if we can get what we need.
These things are usually a wake up call. I've found, over many years, it really helps to weather hard times and events if you are relatively debt free. If you don't have a house or car payment, these are things you cannot lose in a crisis. Even if you do have a house payment, if your utility bills are so low that you can still pay the mortgage when you are living on reduced income, it sure feels good.

It all pays off in hard times when you are living easily and others are struggling and stressing. Usually it's the same folks who sneered when you say you make your own detergent and eat your own chickens.

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
But...but...I thought we were supposed to EAT our own chickens!!!!! :ep :duc Well...versus the neighbors chickens :hide

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Yeah...we are. But there are multitudes out there who feel we are positively the Kremlin if we eat "those birds you raised from a chick! I could nevah do such a thing!!!". :rolleyes:

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Yeah...we are. But there are multitudes out there who feel we are positively the Kremlin if we eat "those birds you raised from a chick! I could nevah do such a thing!!!". :rolleyes:
You mean....the sheeples? I like my chickens...but, they will be chicken and noodles if they need to be ...and none of them have names. I cannot tell the hens apart from each other...until they start laying eggs. Then, the egg layers will get a special dispensation and waive their ....demise...for another season :pop

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
remember tho alot of 'sheeples' are people on this site. they don't eat their own chickens

a few name all in the flock. and are family members.

while I am sure not one of those, if you have been on the site a long time like me, you know alot of members on this site don't do their own chickens. they give them retirement and vet care and more to save their lives.

I am not a poultry fan tho. never liked birds. I am the hoof type lol--horses, goats, cattle etc.

with feathers I could care less about it. and to me the hooves smell good and feathers smells oh so bad LOL

but to each his own :lol: :lol:

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
The 3 girls I have now and my rooster will not get eaten. However, I hatch out any roosters, they're dinner. Hens, I'd keep for like a year, then sell them when I have chicks ready to start laying.

Latest posts