What to do with 200 granny smith apples

raro

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Can apple pie filling. I've done it for years. Simple recipes can be found on line, and when you want a pie, you just roll out the crust and dump the contents of the jar and voila, quick and healthy apple pie, MUCH better than the store-bought junk.

Blaundee

Power Conserver
Reaction score
wannabefarmergirl said:
An apple truck dumped out its load of apples onto the highway and my husband was fortunate enough to get a case of granny smith apples. There is a ton of apples and all I can think of to do with them is to make apple pies. What else can I make with GS apples?
Can apple sauce and apple butter! Can or freeze apple pie filling, and you can use the filling on top of ice cream or for cobbler or mash it up to spread on biscuits or pancakes.

newmexicolady

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Wannabefarmgirl I have canned all my pie fillings for years and cannot even eat a pie made from store bought filling. Apple butter and applesauce plus your own dried apples are to die for. Good luck with your future endeavors.:D

Flytyer24

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Make a bunch of Apple Cider Vinegar. Just google it there are a bunch of guides and youtube videos on how to.

It is great stuff use it all the time.

Add a little to the chickens water cleans the waterer and keeps them healthier.

nelson castro

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Have you try Apple, Browned Butter, and Sour Cream Ice Cream. Just simply combine refreshing sour cream with a flavor that's light and apple-y, nutty and caramelized from the browned butter.