what to do with my quilt top? Update: done! pics pg 2

hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It looks fantastic both ways. I was looking at the first pic and wondered why you would want to change it. Then I saw the one with the black, and I must admit I like it better.

cjparker

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I've been quilting for about 25 years. I like the blocks put together without the black. If you want to separate the blocks, maybe consider using a tiny check or stripe that incorporates as many of those colors as you can find.

Really pretty quilt!

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
I have to agree with the last two comments, the black makes it go from festive to 'ehh'... but a pretty 'ehh'!
Just my opinion. :p

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
cjparker said:
If you want to separate the blocks, maybe consider using a tiny check or stripe that incorporates as many of those colors as you can find.

Really pretty quilt!
This suggestion gets my vote. I think it would give it the sensational touch it deserves.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I would like to thank you all for your imput, after looking at the pictures for a few days I decided to do it without the black. Here is a picture of the quilt top, I still need to add a border and quilt it but here it is.

460_p4210181.jpg

And here is a close up of one of the squares so that you can see the pattern on the fabric.

460_p4210183.jpg

cjparker

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wow, thanks for sharing the finished quilt. It's so upbeat and cheerful!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
It is now in my daughter's new pink room and WOW is it bright in there! :D