What to do with....

Wolf-Kim

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Oh, there are so many things you could do with them. The first two that come to mind are flower containers and a birdhouse.

You could plant something in them that will grow out the front and then drape down. Kind of like a window box or a hanging pot, except it's a mail box.

The birdhouse was a cool idea too. Paint them up really nice and mount them in the garden for our wild feathered friends.

Or, a stretch on the chicken coop idea, turn them into nestboxes! If they are large enough, my gals like to squeeze into places and have a secure place to lay their loot. My hens would fight over a brightly colored series of mailboxes to lay in.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
mailbox07.jpg

mailbox17.jpg

mailbox16.jpg

mailbox01.jpg

mailbox02.jpg

mailbox13.jpg

mailbox05.jpg

mailbox06.jpg

Here is the rest.
http://www.toxel.com/inspiration/2009/04/17/17-unusual-and-creative-mailboxes/

On Our own

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wow! Sp8pn I LOVE those mailboxes!!

Dh had created a wooden frame and placed all three boxes in it, mounted the entire gizmo on an 8x8 sunk 8 feet with concrete!

The car that ran that puppy over certainly knew it!! :lol:

After that the post office gave us permission to place all three further on the private drive....

You guys have awesome ideas! I love the gardening tools out in the garden!! And especially gloves~ oooooh good ideas.

I am getting the gardening itch

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'e seen them put on very high poles over the regular mailboxes with air-mail signs and birds' nests in them.

On Our own

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
So I am definitely going to use at least one as a tool box - ideas on paint or should I just go for a rustoleum type thing?

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
This setup has been in place for just over 15 years now. Before that I was buying a new mailbox about every 3 years. THAT sh!t got old REAL quick!!

Ya also can see some of the abuse this poor old box takes....
I've got to get one of these... so far this winter the plow has taken out our mail box 6 times... every time I have to climb down into the ditch, find the (white) mailbox in the snow, drag it up to the 4x4 post and attempt to re-attach it... at this point it's barely holding on and we'll need a new set-up this summer.

I love Skr8pn's mailbox!

I like the gun one and the computer case too, but it's would just get taken out every snowstorm...

ducks4you

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score

Latest posts