What was I thinking...

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I am going to be in trouble :hide when my hubby see's my internet order for 25 more chickens. I could not resist, I haven't had my baby chick fix in over a year and we lost 6 to coyotes this year, sooooo I ordered 10 meat birds and the rest colored egg layers. Now where to put them all that is the dilemma :lol: I love living in the country!

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
I think it is perfectly reasonable if you have not had any chicks around in over a year. You need to keep your flock refreshed! Especially if you have had a predator problem. :D

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My reasoning is going to be that "Honey, I can't keep up with egg sales as it is" Hopefully that will ease him into being okay with it, well really what choice does he have I already ordered them :weee

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
just tell him that you DID tell him and he just didnt hear you!

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

;-)

just kidding.

and yes everyone needs more chicks! i've been telling everyone that chickens are "the new wealth"
;-)

Jamsoundsgood

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Last year I just walked in the house with about 20 chicks I bought at the feed store. I told him I was only going to get "a few." He then proceeded to tell me to get a few more about a week later. :weee I love him.

I think I might have to pick up a few more one of these days. Even if we have broodies. Or is that in spite of?

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
:weee I snuck two eggs under a broody, made hubby feel sorry for the poor girl who wants to be a mommy! :lol:

i hope to have babies on Wednesday.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
The Big Man always cringes when i come roarin' home in the big truck and yell to him:

NOTHING UNUSUAL IS HAPPENING HERE! JUST GO ON INSIDE.. I'LL UNLOAD THE TRUCK MYSELF...

;-)

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Okay so I told him, he was fine, he figured I was going to have to replace the rooster that recently met his maker anyway. He was the nicest roo ever and will be missed crowing around here. All I can say is I hope they don't throw in 20 packing peanuts I will have to find a home for. I cannot wait, I love babies! This will be our first time raising meat birds, since we are raising turkeys, sheep for meat I thought we might as well try chickens too. I think he has come to the conclusion NO is futile unless he really means it :D most things in our home are negotiable.

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
You guys have the best answers, such enablers!!!! I might try a few of those around here!