What was your most self-sufficient meal?

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
I was thinking that some uplifting is needed. And one of the most uplifting things I can remember was making a meal with almost only things I raised myself.
I had a goat stew with vegetables I raised myself. The only outside ingredients were salt and pepper and the oil used to fry the meat. It had meat, onions, garlic, summer squash, tomatoes, thyme - and was wonderful.

So what was your most self-suffinient meal?

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
Mine is probably Ruffed Grouse (shot) with Jalepeno Hot sauce (homemade) wrapped in bacon. ("our" pig)

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Whoa--who has 700 chickens?!? I was feeling a bit commercial myself on BYC with my 125 :)

Today we had red potatoes from the garden with hamburger gravy made from my husband's venison, our garden onions, a pile of garden green beans and homemade sun tea with a sprig of homegrown choc. mint. Yum!

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Wouldn't that be a beautiful pile of colored eggs? I'm dreaming of from-scratch angel food cake, quiches, omelets, deviled eggs...

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
OMG Y'all stop. My oven is broken!

I made something like eggplant Parmesan tonight. It had a lot of home grown ingredients: the eggplant, basil, parsley, tomatoes, peppers. The cheese, of course, was imported from walmart. LOL

Cassandra

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I couldn't really pick one! It would be easier to list our meals that weren't self-sufficient.... :lol:

As for favorite...I guess any meals that are made from scratch, from things we grew or hunted, are my favorites! :)

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
As for favorite...I guess any meals that are made from scratch, from things we grew or hunted, are my favorites! :)
I like eating what I hunt. I almost feel proud. :lol