What's for dinner?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Tonight I made use of a bunch of yellow squash and zucchini I had in the fridge. I made a knock off recipe of Boston Market Squash Casserole. I've never tasted Boston Market's version - but this was quite possibly the best squash recipe I've ever made. OH my - yum! It has 19 carbs for 1/12th of the casserole. Not great - but not terrible. DH has to have some carbs since he's on an insulin pump. This was worth the carbs! :)

Also had another pot of green beans and a cucumber salad. If I'd have known how substantial the casserole was we wouldn't have needed anything else. And it was all from the garden! YAY!!

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I believe there are keto-friendly "cornbread" recipes out there. The one I found used almond flour and a sweet corn extract to get the corn flavor. Haven't done it myself because we don't eat cornbread much.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Last night we had buffalo chicken wings, baked, from the CCX we raised. We had English peas and roasted beets. I have never had roasted beets, we loved them! A tiny splash of raspberry vinaigrette salad dressing and they were delicious. I will make those again!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I like roasted root veggies. You can mix them and have some great tastes going on. Nice when you have only a handful each of several -- early season/late season. Sweet & savory mixes better than you may imagine when looking at raw. LOL The roasting brings out a lot of flavor nuances.