What's for dinner?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Chicken enchiladas last night...DH is on an enchilada rampage, lol. Third time in two weeks I think - the other times were beef.

i love a good enchilada. :) i could eat them several times a week. sometimes i just want something goopy and they fit the bill. :)

i'm not sure what i'm having tonight, but it will be simple as i don't feel like making anything and we have some leftovers i can just reheat. today for lunch i had a bit of Spaghetti-Os (yeah, from the can, Mom wanted to have some but didn't want the whole can so i just had her put what she didn't want in a bowl for me - then i ate them cold). since it wasn't that much i had a small bowl of bean and ham soup... also cold... i was hot enough from digging that i didn't want to eat anything warm. funny though that my hands got so cold that it felt good to run them under hot water a bit later.

maybe toast and butter?

tomorrow afternoon is supposed to be hot so i may try some cooking of some bunching onions to see if they work chopped up and quick stir fried and put a bit of cheese and garlic salt on them. if i'm remembering i should perhaps dig up some green garlic too while i'm at it. this may be a daydream... :)

Last edited:

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I made some savoury scones with bacon, cheese and herbs from the garden. Beautiful with butter. I have one left which I might have with mushroom soup for lunch. Although they are making pies on masterchef and a bacon and mushy pie doesn't sound like a bad idea!

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oven baked chicken thighs because I bought 40 lbs of them to can and freeze dry. I've defrosted the first 10 pounds tonight for processing, and just grabbed a couple. Sprinkled with some Montreal Seasoning. I've got some frozen broccoli standing by to steam during the last 10 minutes of baking time. We have some leftover Picnic Salad (that's what we've decided to call our mock potato salad) so that will go on the plate too. I'm thinking I can grab a few collard and kale leaves for tomorrow, plus I have some turnip and radish leaves too. It may all go into a good fry up with bacon and onions.

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I cooked way too much. I really gotta get a freezer! I had to go to the vet for the rabbits drugs today so went shopping while I was waiting. I didnt really need to go shopping. Came home with a kilo of berries and beef. Now there is a beef and mushroom pie in the oven, rest of the beef is roasting and I made a dozen mini berry pies which were done first, so I had them for dinner with cream :p