What's for dinner?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm on a roll. I fried shrimp last night. Probably haven't done that in about 10 years. I'd rather eat it out - but we don't go out anymore...:(

Tonight we had pork ribs, okra and fresh corn on the cob and all of it was home-grown. Yum! My belly is full and I'm going to bed, lol.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sounds good FEM -- especially the "all home grown part!"

My eggplant are just kicking out a bloom or two. I'll be eating them before long. :drool At least a month before slicing tomatoes....getting a few cherry size! My treats -- ;)

I could eat some fresh berries & cream. @flowerbug has that treat! I do have fresh goat cream tho....homegrown! :lol:

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'm on a roll. I fried shrimp last night. Probably haven't done that in about 10 years. I'd rather eat it out - but we don't go out anymore...:(

Tonight we had pork ribs, okra and fresh corn on the cob and all of it was home-grown. Yum! My belly is full and I'm going to bed, lol.

instead of vegetable oil deep fried i would much rather have things just pan fried with a bit of butter. i don't really cook big chunks of anything deep fried normally anyways and we haven't done things like that in ages. but funny enough we were talking about making onion rings from scratch the other day and i remember doing it and it being a mess with all that oil, so i just suggested getting some of the pre-made frozen kind and then baking them in the oven as that would be acceptable to me. so pehaps we'll try those sometime. the really hard part is finding anything without certain seasonings like hot pepper or pepper in general. a really light beer batter would probably be ok... but in the end we may have to figure out how to make 'em if we wants 'em, precious rings, *gurgle/gollum/chortle/cackle*...

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
peach blackberry cobbler in construction

20200802_105625.jpg