What's for dinner?

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DH wanted chicken wings tonight and jalapeno poppers. We had made up a bunch of poppers when I had hundreds of jalapenos and froze them. So it was an easy request to fill. LOL I had wings, all trimmed up, tip cut off and wing cut in 2 pieces, I fried them and he ate them with Ranch dressing, I used peanut sauce on mine. Yummy!

I have pinto beans soaking for hambone and beans tomorrow night.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Cooked up a batch of collards outta the garden. Had a small ham hock in 'em and cut up a chicken thigh that we grilled a couple days ago. Put it over a tiny, itty-bitty bit of cornbread and called it YUM! Very small piece of cornbread...hardly a smidgen...being low carb conscious. Did I mention that the cornbread was miniscule? :(

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Cooked up a batch of collards outta the garden. Had a small ham hock in 'em and cut up a chicken thigh that we grilled a couple days ago. Put it over a tiny, itty-bitty bit of cornbread and called it YUM! Very small piece of cornbread...hardly a smidgen...being low carb conscious. Did I mention that the cornbread was miniscule? :(

if you hurry up and eat a salad whatever you ate a few moments before doesn't count. which is another good reason (besides life is short) to eat dessert first.

tonight i had some chocolate cherry fudge and a handful of lightly salted cashews and then had some macaroni and tomato chunks with a bit of butter on top.

note that Mom said yesterday, and i quote, "I'm not making anything else or baking for the next few days." so yesterday she made stained glass windows and baked beans (some with weanies), this morning she made blueberry corn muffins (which are really good with the baked beans and weanies). i had beans and weanies for lunch and since i was feeling in a different mood i had dessert afterwards. rocky road ice-cream, with the last bit of egg nog over it and sprinkled more nutmeg. mushed it around but left some lumps in. all excellent.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
if you hurry up and eat a salad whatever you ate a few moments before doesn't count. which is another good reason (besides life is short) to eat dessert first.
I like the way you think!! Let me go find something for dessert before I have the salad, lol. I am having a diet root beer with just a drop of cream. Makes it taste like a root beer float!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I haven't had a coke float in YEARS! When I was pregnant with my daughter, I had one every night, if it was especially good, I had two. Yes, I looked like a whale. But I lost all my weight afterwards, even going down by 2 pounds less than before I was pregnant, to 117 pounds. It took me years to get up to 120! I wish those days would come back! LOL LOL Anywho, guess what is DD's favorite? Yup, a COKE FLOAT! :lol:

Latest posts