What's for dinner?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
... What you had was treasured and truly appreciated. Being old as dirt, having "hillbilly" roots, I sure saw and experienced a great amount of self reliance happening!! Grateful for every minute.

i'm not that old, but Mom was taught by my Grandma (Dad's Mom) to cook so all of her recipes were learned that ways for the things that Grandma made (Italian American and some other basic dishes). Grandma saved used bread bags, used tinfoil was washed and carefully folded and saved, newspapers were used to wrap sandwiches and they were tied with strings and the kids (all 10 of them) were told to bring the strings back. at times they ate potatoes, homemade bread smeared with bacon grease instead of butter and that was about it. Grandma knew how to feed that whole family and she did it for many years. i always remember her so fondly because we spent a lot of time at her place when my Dad was away working on jobs and it was more fun being there than back at our place.

we took some beans out of the freezer so we'll have burritoes later.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Eating veggies for breakfast :gig

20211120_090405.jpg

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lotta time on my hands...pantry is calling me!! 😁

Tonight pork chops (thawed yesterday and didn't cook), Mac & cheese, stir fried cabbage. For tomorrow I promised myself to make the Italian I'm craving. Lasagna or baked ziti with Italian sausage, eggplant parm....🤔 tough decisions! Comfort food. :lol: :love