What's for dinner?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@JanetMarie ... Question. Did you grow the colored cauli? I'm just want to so badly and have never eaten, even see except pics. Never on sale around me. Do see the decorative plants on occasion...similar.

Sooooo....is there a taste difference? Haven't sent for seed yet but, ready and hesitant. I mean, it's pretty but. :lol: yeah, I will probably but. Pretty, right??

Since I had chili from frozen last night, the leftover will be lunch. I'll make country fried cube steaks for supper. At home day for me, cooking time.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@Mini Horses - Bakers Creek has some purple and green cauliflower seeds. Now you've got me anting to try. Never grown cauliflower here. Geeze, I said I wasn't going to order any more seeds, lol. Who was I trying to kid?

SS folks are enablers in all the best ways. :)

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I had brined a turkey and smoked it up yesterday. We went to Mom's for Thanksgiving so didn't have any. We'll have ham for Christmas.

However I have about a cup of smoked ghee now. I'd put the butter for basting the skin on the cool side of the smoker to be melted. I used about half of it. The left over tastes almost like smoked caramels. I bet it would add a nice flavor into pasta dishes.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@frustratedearthmother they have both the yellow & purple at urbanfarmer ?, Believe...can't find my note right now. I just hate the s/h. I mean....it's less for postage cost. And packaging? Isn't that WHY they're in business? Anyway, also found a paprika pepper at same place. Saves yet another s/h at yet another seller :lol: haven't ordered because I'm sure there will be more :hide

JanetMarie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
@Mini Horses It was from Trader Joes. I have grown purple and white before. I found pictures of the purple I grew from 2017. I haven't grown it since then because not very many plants actually got a head on them, and I had a lot of plants. Garden grown taste so much better than store bought, fresh or frozen, but just not economical.

Attachments

• DSCN4076.jpg
    DSCN4076.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 84
  • DSCN4069.jpg
    DSCN4069.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Had turkey breast & gravy to use up so, turkey pot pie! Made one for DD and had ready for her to pick up on way home from work....saved her having to cook for self and DGD...used up turkey 😁 gave me room in frig.

Tomorrow I can make bone broth. Cats will gladly eat any scraps. No waste here. I'll MW todays 🥔 potato peels for chickens. :old