What's for dinner?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
we had some pretty heavy textured pumpkin pie, the crust was utterly soggy. so we scraped the filling out and i had that for breakfast, but i first had to heat it up and then put some milk and whipped cream on it so it would be lightened up. Mom had some last night but it bothered her so the family dog (aka me :) ) had to finish it off. for dessert i had some chunks of leftover turkey...

dinner last night was salad with home-made thousand island dressing.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Penn St vs Michigan St is on.....it's snowing!! I don't watch football but, put TV on and it was there.

Been a veggie day...pumpkin pie breakfast, Eggplant Parm lunch and fried squash/onion dinner. No plans. 🤷. Just found stuff as I was hunting for that Boston butt to cook tomorrow! If there'd been pie or cake I'd have had that too!!!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Local butcher made hot Italian sausage with fried pepper and onions.

Wife overdid the dry rub on the ribs. Not good. Not sure what she was thinking

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Corned beef (some areas of the country use ham), spread on some cream cheese, add a pickle, roll and cut (or just eat as my DD7 does). Traditional holiday food here

yes, i wasn't far off in my guessing. we call those ham roll ups and often do not include a pickle. the cream cheese can be a spread with bits of onions and chives. sometimes in the past we have done things like olives, cucumber, pickles and green onion in the middle, but i'm sure now that Mom doesn't want any of those other than olives. it's all good to me. :)

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We do ham and use pickled asparagus for that. Our variant might be more regional to eastern Oregon.

No one up here ever had anything like it but everyone tried it and loved it. Several people have started making it themselves since the first time I brought it.

No one back in Virginia Beach would even try it the one time I made it.