What's for dinner?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i decided to make a simple half sandwich out of the last slice of pumpernickle bread (it was really thin) and spread some garden vegetable cream cheese on it and then put a spoonful of chili with garlic sauce on it to give it some zing. a glass of milk and a handful of blueberries. that's it for tonight.

sriracha sauce price more than doubled so i tried out some other sauce instead for something different (i could have bought a gallon for $40 but i didn't want to spend that much on that)... so instead of spending $10 i spent $2.50.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
chicken on the grill is about my favorite way to have it... but it has to have the bone in and skin on so it can have some chance of flavor...
That's true. The grill would've been an option but for just 6 smallish drumsticks - probably not worth the charcoal. And - the gumbo was good. It'll last at least another day or so.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Maybe tomorrow
Screenshot_20221110-101536_Facebook.jpg

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
last night i was really hungry and figured if i didn't eat anything i wouldn't sleep very well so i made what i called five minute lasagna.

took some macaroni and tomato chunks (Mom made it yesterday early enough that i had a bowl of it fresh for brunch. my preference is when it is first made and the pasta is still firm and with a bit of butter on it). that was fuel for the day of gardening.

i checked myself on the scale as i figured i'd either held steady or perhaps gained a little weight but it turned out i'd lost two lbs instead. i never expected to see 165lbs this year so i'm ahead of my goal by a few and perhaps will be able to peel a few more off while getting some more gardening done. i do know that i feel a heck of a lot better not carrying around those extra lbs.

but that said meant i was willing to allow myself a quick meal last night that turned out well. i put the macaroni and tomatoes in a bowl then put cottage cheese on top, since it is lasagna it must have oregano in it, basil, garlic salt, a little nutmeg and cinnamon. the dried spices were a little crunchy (even after i mixed them in after warming everything up) but i wasn't going to quibble with that... :) down the hatch, slept like a rock. :)

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
ragu sauce (from the freezer) with fettucine noodles - from that 10# bag I found at the discount grocery store (way back when???) I think I can get one more batch from the bag. :D Spinach salad too.

I baked 2 pumpkins from the garden today. I'm planning on making soup for tomorrow with it.