What's for dinner?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Its my "don't buy" for any groc item....just make or don't have season.
I like that and I practice it often. Unfortunately, practice does not make perfect, lol. I usually say we won't buy any groceries for (insert time frame here).

But, I always add the caveat "unless we really need it." LOL

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Whatever is here and I feel like having. I'm baking a loaf of bread now. Its my "don't buy" for any groc item....just make or don't have season. Been going since 11/1 and trying to go until 3/31. So far, only cat food purchased...ok, not for me to eat!! :lol:

*puts on music called meow mix* good luck! :)

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I like that and I practice it often. Unfortunately, practice does not make perfect, lol. I usually say we won't buy any groceries for (insert time frame here).

But, I always add the caveat "unless we really need it." LOL

i really needed take-out Chinese today. :)

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Why'd you have to say that? Now I want some. Not gonna have any - but I still want some.

We had leftover chicken cacciatore, cauliflower rice and some steamed asparagus.

that sounds good too! i said it because it was the truth. we don't have it that often but always enjoy it when we do. we've decided to do the roast tomorrow instead of Thursday so we'll have it for leftovers too on Thursday. not that we're short on food here. oofduh! :)