What's for dinner?

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I made soup with that turkey stock from the carcass from DD. I threw all but the cast iron kitchen sink in it. Cleaned up some tired veggies from the fridge. Then looked thru my dehydrated stash and threw in a bunch of older veggies. I was able to get 2 C of meat off that carcass (a bunch more for the dogs and cat). Then seasoned with more thyme and a pinch of homegrown dried crushed hot peppers. DELISH! I'm going to have some for lunch, and then we'll get at least another dinner out of it tomorrow.

One thing to note. When, in the past, one boils the turkey carcass, strip the meat, strain the broth, its always been clear broth. Not lately. Its milky/opaque. I wonder if its due to the injections that they do to add moisture/weight to the turkey? Still tastes good.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i had some sliced ham with chive cream cheese rolled up in there, just a few pieces and then some carrots and peanut butter and i still wanted some more so i had a few peanuts. then since all of that was cold food or room temperature i made a mug of hot chocolate to get warmed up. i'm going to try not to snack tonight - a bit of a headache so hiding in the dark might become a good idea - it is probably a caffiene withdrawal headache. if i keep doing something to keep my mind busy enough i may forget about it long enough to get to bedtime. i don't want to fall asleep early again tonight. it's annoying to wake up and then stay up too late and then sleep in later and then... screws up my high-powered-executive-schedule...