What's for dinner?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Really? Sardines with grahams& chocolate ? Wow. Sure not a combo I'd suggest....πŸ˜³πŸ˜‚

well i did not eat them at the exact same time. i had the sardines first, then i used some of the limeaide to rinse out the can and drank that, then i had the crackers with frosting and then finished the limeaide. it was all ok. i really enjoyed it. :) then the peanuts as a chaser and a bit of snack too later but not too much. considering i only had abou half a cup of beans for brunch (with a little butter on them) and went out and worked in the gardens for almost four hours i'm surprised i haven't been that hungry this evening.

i could eat sardines a lot more often, but Mom doesn't like the smell of 'em so i have to eat them when she's not around. :) the trouble is that i tend to forget so i've had them on hand for several weeks and today was the first time i remembered to open them up.

tomorrow is chili. i'm ready. :)

I had a "normal" meal 😊. Roast beef, carrots, potatoes, green beans. All from freezer or home canned goods.πŸ‘ Use the pantry! Oh, yeah, cooked some chicken from freezer...lunches πŸ˜€

:) all of that sounds wonderful, i love a good roast beast with all the veggies.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Chewy limeade! I'dd probably love it, lol.

the way i make it is i peel the limes with a sharp knife and only remove the skin but not the membranes and then i put them in a big container after i eighth them and use a stick blender and a bit of water to make a slurry. some of the membranes stick in my blender so i pull them out and chew on them while i'm blending. then i add some brown sugar and get that dissolved and put it in a quart jar or more depending upon how many limes i have in there and put that in the fridge. i use it to make limeaide by mixing that with water when i'm ready to drink it. it's thick in the jar that it may not pour easily. i use it as a vitamin C source in the winter when we get oranges a few times in a row i ask Mom to bring me home a bag of limes because i want something different. i love the smell of lime peels drying.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Tonight a steak! Too cold & windy for any grill, so pan fry in hot cast iron skillet! It'll be great -- will have mushrooms & onions to deglaze the beef fronds :drool. Some pieces of kale, broccoli, arugula leftovers...I'll have along side, prob as a salad. Now πŸ€” white or sweet potato with? Prob white, cook extra to make potato/sausage/egg/cheese casserole! A few meals there! AND using up leftovers with pantry/freezer fill.πŸ‘πŸ₯°

What a plan! :old

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
today it looks like we'll be having some sloppy joes. Mom was saying we didn't have buns but i said it was ok we can just put it on salad or eat it as it is. nothing too strange about it... or if i want some chili flavor i can put chili powder in part of it and call it taco salad.